The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, May 05, 2006

So I managed to get out of the office yesterday for my "appointment" with only one major fire to put out before I left. Thankfully my slow ass hairstylist was running a half hour late and the salon called me in enough time to save me from getting there too early.

So, I asked my hairstylist to "go a little lighter with the highlights for the summer". Well, she must have misunderstood me. I think she heard "can you make me look like Suzanne Somers". I swear I am now a blonde. I am of hispanic descent. When people see me they either speak Italian or Spanish to me. If you can't tell by my eyebrows alone, I was not meant to be a blonde! When she started blow drying my hair I was like, hmmm, kind of light but I can deal, it looks good. Then I realized that umm, I look like I'm blonde! Ahhh. I'm kind of freaking out. Not only did I get back to work at 3pm, that's right, 3PM, but I came back from my doctor's appointment BLONDE! HA...Thankfully my cube is PINK so I don't think too many people noticed. I tried not to leave the cubicle until I left...out the back door!

I will try my hardest to take a picture of my new do so you all can see the disaster. Yeah, and my stylist is now on vacation so the chances of getting it "fixed" are out. And I basically spent about 4 total hours at work yesterday. Good times, good times!

Today is Cinco De Mayo, ay ay ayyyy - okay sorry, I was Mexican for a moment. Tonight is the night all the fools of the world pretend to be Mexican, drink lots of tequila and then say, I'll never drink tequila again. I'm not even quite sure people of true Mexican descent recognize this day...Anyway, I think we are all planning to go out to an Irish bar tonight. On St. Patty's day we'll head to the local Mexican joint. You know, mix it up a little bit. And that way, there's no competition and no crowds. Seems like a win-win to me!

Hoping to take it easy and not mess up my diet too much. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend too. I love you all...MUWAH!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    haha.. tru dat on the 'never drink tequila again' thing!! happy cinco de mayo!

    good luck with the hair also!

     
  • At 1:48 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I had one shot of 151 on Cinco De Mayo many years ago, and haven't celebrated since.

    Thank goodness you're not getting married this weekend. Is this the same stylist that's doing your wedding hair?

     
  • At 1:51 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    oh my gawd - kick her ass!!!

    glad you got away with it, show us pics dammit.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger wopanese said…

    either way, you're sexy... and, hey, I know that northern Italians can be blonde... not so sure about Spaniards, though...

    have a great weekend!

     
  • At 3:35 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I woulda been freakin out coming back to work so much lighter than before! I'm glad you were able to pull it off! Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said…

    I can relate! I snuck out to squeeze in a haircut on my lunch break the other day, but it ended up taking forever. So then I had to tramp back in a half hour late with fresh short hair. Hmm, try blaming that one on traffic.

    Who cares if the stylist is away?! You should get a new one STAT! :)

    Glad it all worked out for ya.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Oooh, enjoy a drink out tonight. Let me know if it's true that blonds have more fun...

     
  • At 7:31 PM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Awww, I hate hair screwups. I'm sure it looks lovely on you, though. And I still conted that you have the coolest fuckin' cubicle in the WORLD. There should be a coffee table book devoted to your cube alone.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Awww, I hate hair screwups. I'm sure it looks lovely on you, though. And I still conted that you have the coolest fuckin' cubicle in the WORLD. There should be a coffee table book devoted to your cube alone.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger aughra said…

    hee - I used to go to 'Dr's appts', too, and come back with entirely different hair!

    Post a pic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home