The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Friday night we went out for sushi and then to the improv for some comedy with friends of ours. It was a great evening but I don't think I realized how much I drank...until the next morning. My head was pounding ALL DAY Saturday. And it was beautiful out. Needless to say I stayed in the house for the majority of the day. I started working on my guestroom that I want to clean up and redecorate. I have this fabulous old wood desk that used to belong to my little sister that I want to refinish but it was painted dark blue in it's previous life and that shit is a BITCH to get off. I do have stripper and an electric sander but even that is a huge pain in the ass when it comes to little crevices, etc. Plus, you can't just sand forever or you could potentially sand a hole into the wood or start a fire. Exciting, I know! I sanded so much that my boogies were blue when I blew my nose. I knew you'd like to know that part!

So, I'm on a new kick. I always promised I wouldn't become "one of those girls". You know, the one's that go on a starvation diet to look good in their wedding gown? Well, I haven't gone that far but I am getting serious. No more putting the gym off, no more making excuses, no more martini's before exercise. Now, I'm not tooting my own horn but I think I look good in my wedding dress now. I guess I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't huh? But I KNOW I can look so much better, tighter I presume. SO - I'm working out at least 3 -4 days a week from now until the wedding day. I have about 41/2 months to really work it. If I stick to it I know I will be so happy for, most importantly, the honeymoon!

I got up and went to the gym at 6am today. That was a little brutal BUT the gym is so less crowded at that time of day, as well as the roads, the parking lots, etc. It's just so much easier than 6pm when everyone and their mothers are at the gym using every machine and weight in the place. SO, as often as I can, I think I'm gonna try and get up early and work out. It really does make the day start off so much more energized. We'll see how long I can keep that up.

The other part is that I'm trying out a healthier diet. The only problem is that I have to eat 5 times a day. That is SO difficult for me. Now, if I had to eat french fries 5 times a day I could be the best dieter in the world, unfortunately french fries are not on the menu - dammit! Seriously, I just can't eat that much. I might have to reduce it. When I eat that much I feel all sick and bloated. Not that each meal needs to be big, but you get what I'm saying...it's hard to go from 2 or 3 meals a day to 5.

Anyway, I bored you all enough with my diet plans. Have a good Mondee Everyone!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I know that when I go to the gym in the morning I am able to eat a lot more during the day. Get some snacks and just keep them handy, so after you get to work you can eat a granola bar or yogurt, and then around 10 a piece of fruit, lunch, 2pm snack and then dinner. That's 5 right there.
    You're not on a starvation diet either, just working out and eating better.

    You have plenty of time to get in shape.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I've never been able to employ the whole 5 meals a day thing to my life. I have made changes to our diet though. In most cases it's just substituting better ingredients other times I just have to watch portions. It may sound stupid but if it's on my plate I feel like I HAVE to eat it. Maybe it's the whole childhood clean your plate thing I don't know. I don't make my kids clean their plate, they just need to try everything on it. Should I keep typing and fill up your comment section with my one rambling comment? No I think not. I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride!

     
  • At 2:47 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    i was kind of hoping that link to the stripper would be of a stripper of the male persuasion that would make my Monday a little better.

    Oh well.

    6 am. that is rough. you deserve a martini.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peach - I was a good girl and went to the grocery yesterday and got all kinds of healthy snacks for during the day. So far you're right, I haven't had any problems eating! HA

    OGO - That's my problem too, I always feel like I have to eat everything on my plate

    Cold Hands - A male stripper definitely would have made the sanding more interesting that's for sure! I'm gonna wait until Friday for the Martini, that's the best I can do for cutting some alcohol out of my life. I guess I'll stick an apple in my mouth instead...

     
  • At 6:25 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Ohhh even tho I am a morning person the whole idea of working out at 6 am does not appeal to me at all! I'll toast you (with a martini :D) and your excellent dedication! All the best!
    Ohh and I think blue boogers would have been cool!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, May 02, 2006, Blogger aughra said…

    I eat about four times a day, but just small meals...

    Just finished some toast and a grapefruit. Grapefruit is my friend.

    Good luck, and I'm sure that you look hot.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm also trying to work out and eat righter. lol

    We'll see.

    I want sushi now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home