The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, March 20, 2006

So the weekend was pretty good. Friday night was exactly what I had hoped and dreamed...Okay, not exactly but I did end up wasted. We went out in Capitol Hill - mini bar crawl if you will. It was one of those things where you stop and say, WOW, how did I get so drunk? ha ha! Maybe the 15 beers you just drank had something to do with it?

Well, I paid for it on Saturday, let me tell you! I woke up too early to really let the hangover register. I had to start running "wedding errands". I bought my bridesmaids terry cloth robes as one of their gifts and I dropped them all off to be monogrammed. Then I went to buy them all the obligatory flip flops to wear at the reception...that shit is not cheap! I even lucked out and found enough flops at Old Navy and they were still about $100 all told! Oh well. They weren't kidding when they said getting married is expensive. By afternoon the delayed hangover had settled in. I felt like total arse!

We were supposed to go to a birthday party thing at a fun bar that we really like on Saturday night but we just couldn't pull it together. The Sweet One and I were starving so we went out to one of our fave little places for dinner and that sealed the deal. We weren't going anywhere after that! With our belly's full we went home to hunker down and be old lazy farts! It was wonderful. We were in bed by midnight.

On Sunday we went to a tasting that our caterer was holding. YUM! It was worth it. Free food and booze!! And that, in a nut shell, is my very boring weekend.

Oh - is anyone watching the Soprano's? I'm curious to see who is dumb enough to still be watching, like me, and what your thoughts are...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    isn't it nice to just eat a good dinner and relax?! I dont get the channel here for Sopranos :(

     
  • At 11:43 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    I have to say, first of all, I've never watched a full episode of Sopranos. No HBO or interest. That puts me down in that 1% of the population that isn't addicted.

    As or your weekend, and abundance of booze and food ALONG WITH rest and relaxation--sounds heavenly!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, March 21, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    The girls will love the robes. That's nice of you. I love my robe and it doesn't even have my initials on it!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger truckdriver_sefl said…

    I love the 15 beers comment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home