The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, December 12, 2005

Phoenix...the land of strip malls...

So, we got to go to Phoenix. Our original flight out was cancelled and changed and I was SO excited to be traveling through Chicago since that's safe and all with airplanes skidding off run ways and because it makes a lot of sense to go to Chicago on your way to Phoenix...but I digress. Here is what we left at 5am on Friday morning:






and here is was we arrived to find:



Sunshine and 75 degrees. What a relief!


So...now the groovy news and the reason that the Sweet One is so dreamy...He arranged the best spa day at the Camelback Inn on Saturday. We layed by the pool all day. Sunned our cheeks, both sets, drank lots and lots of yummy adult bevvy's, got massages - the BEST massage I have ever had in my life by the way. I think I was coming in and out of consciousness it was so damn good! He rented us a beautiful suite. Look at this view out of our back patio:





we had cheese and fruit and wine waiting for us after all of our activities, then dinner with our friends that live in Phoenix. We had plans to meet my mom and step dad after dinner for some drinks (they were also in town for the Redskins game and to hang with some of their friends). After dinner our friends lamed out on us and decided to go home. I was kind of bummed but whatever. They dropped us off at our room so that we could drop off our things and then head out to meet my parents. We got inside and...I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story....














I said yes!

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home