The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, December 02, 2005

It's Friday YAYY!

So, we've been having a foosball tournament all day in my office. It started at 10am and the final championship game is at 5pm as we combine it with a group happy hour. It could get ugly!

This place used to be a great place to work. Then we hit a little slump and now...well, we're back! I work in Marketing for my company so the whole marketing group is participating in the shenanigans for today. It's a large company so it's a very big group. I mean, we went all out. There are trophies and prizes for the winners. Even the champions of the whole event get a cash prize on top of their sweet trophy! There are even trophies for best costumes, best trash talkers and best losers...(I'll post some of the lame pictures later...he he)

So, me and a friend of mine were a team. Our name was E.T. Foos Home. We lost in the first round to a team called The Ball Busters, appropriately enough...It's okay because we look cute as hell! We have on our E.T. tee's and I made us an iron on for the back with E.T. playing foos ball! We both also wore ribbons in our hair, which is in pig tails (just like Drew Barrymore in E.T.) and sneakers. We look about 12 but hey, it works.

Right now the Foos Fighters (that was gonna be my team name but my partner nixed it...oh well) and Foos Your Daddy are in the lead but there are a lot of teams coming up to try and steal their top spots. Man...it's really nice not doing any work on a Friday! I'll pay for this on Monday...yuck!

Anyway, this weekend is busy as usual. I have a super fun holiday party to go to at my friend Kari's place in the Dupont urea (yeah I meant to spell it like that...it's called ebonics people...that's how we do it in D.C.). I am sure I will feel wonderful on Sunday when I try my hand once again at the craft show circuit. This time I'll be at a synagogue. I guess selling things at craft shows means that you'll be bored to tears and have to deal with one religious group or another while you're doing it. I just hope I sell some shit this time. If not then I'm done. I'm just gonna start whoring myself out for my web site. Maybe that'll work. Okay, let's face it, I'm not working too hard on getting myself out there. It's okay though. I'm busy. I have a ton of orders to fill and I don't feel any deep compulsion to make myself crazy this holiday season. Wish me luck everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend. I plan to!!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger Oh great One said…

    A foosball tournament sounds like so much fun! It's cool that your employer lets you do such fun things. Good luck with your craft show!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger aughra said…

    nice job!

    Actually, I hardly do any real work at mine, so who am I to talk?

     
  • At 1:56 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm having flashbacks to my days in marketing/e-business, and it hurts so good! We had a foosball table in our breakroom, and it was impossible to squeeze even the tiniest ass in there at lunch past all the crazies. We never had a tournament, but there was a good deal of foosball and football (over the cubile walls) in the place. *sigh*

     
  • At 10:28 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Calvin said…

    your workplace sounds super-fun! woohoo!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    I love the names of the teams.
    Too bad teh ebonics for area is a real word that's nothing close to area. hee hee.

    Good luck at the craft fair.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home