The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Well, it finally stopped raining here and the weather has gone from winter back to fall. I am over the cold weather already and winter hasn't even arrived!!! I have a feeling it's going to be a long, cold winter around here and I am dreading it!!! It was in the 40's and raining constantly at the end of last week into the weekend but thankfully by Monday it stopped and we got a peak of the sun. The temps are finally rising again and we're back to typical October weather in DC. I think it's supposed to be about 70 degrees and sunny today.

Things are normal around here. Just doing what we do. I know...boring!

We finally got approved for a construction loan to renovate our home. SO, now we're waiting on the architect to re-work our plans. It feels like this process will never happen or be done. Now the next step is trying to figure out where we'll live while this home improvement happens. This could be a sticky situation but we'll see what happens. Hey, if all else fails, we'll live in a Pod outside our house.

Last weekend was the first weekend in almost 4 months where we didn't have a wedding or some other function that we had to attend. I think Kai was shocked to see me and Daddy home with him the whole weekend. Poor kid may never get into a routine. I am so glad we're done with all the weddings. Now, I hope nothing else comes up because we are ready to hibernate for the winter!

Anyway, nothing to report. Going to check on everyone now...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, October 22, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm so happy you scored a loan! YAY! You must be planning big changes if you need a new place to live while they do it.

    I'm glad you had a free weekend. We really need those. :)

     
  • At 11:40 AM, October 23, 2009, Blogger Andi said…

    Yay for construction loans!!! And I'm glad to hear that you got a weekend break from all your going to functions. Sometimes it's just nice to have some downtime!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home