The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Welcome...

Kai Robert. Born on Wednesday, June 3rd at 9:38pm, weighing in at 7lb's 1 oz and 20 inches long.

Kai


It was a very long day/night. We checked into the hospital to be induced at 4:30am on Wednesday. We began the inducement around 6am and only 15 hours later delivered our healthy baby boy! I'm not gonna lie, that was one of the toughest things I've ever done. My husband is truly a rock star! He was so loving and perfect all day. I couldn't have done it without him (in all senses).

We came home Friday afternoon and Lucy has been amazing. God I love that dog. She loves Kai already. She cries when he cries and loves to sniff and lick him. We are all trying to get the hang of all this...It gets better every day, thank god! More updates to come...

9 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, June 06, 2009, Blogger gusgreeper said…

    awh he is beautiful!! i have chills. congratulations to you both well all four really. :) and a gemini to boot! can't wait to read your stories of mommy hood. xo

     
  • At 10:28 PM, June 06, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    OMG...wow...he is beautiful!!!!!!!!

    Congratulations! I'm so proud of you & happy for you & speechless!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, June 07, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You just made me CRY, you horrid wench!!! I don't believe I have ever *sincerely* said/thought this before, but he IS beautific. Now post something about how awful the labour was so I can feel better.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, June 07, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, June 07, 2009, Blogger Andi said…

    A cuter, more perfect baby never graced the pages of the Internets! And I love the name Kai! Very cool. Sending lots of good new mommy (and daddy, and puppy-sister) wishes for y'all!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, June 07, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    Oh. My. God.
    He's gorgeous.
    He's simply and utterly gorgeous.
    Congratulations to you and daddy!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood. There is nothing harder but more rewarding (so cliche, but true). I can't wait to hear about all the adventures you four have!
    Love the name Kai too!!

    Again - Congratulations and he's SO adorable.

     
  • At 12:50 AM, June 08, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Oh Funky I am so happy for you! He is lovely (of course he is). I am so glad that Lucy is being a good girl, and I can't wait to read all of your stories about motherhood.

    Congrats to you and your lovely family!!!

     
  • At 10:22 PM, June 08, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    LOOK how perfect he is! Congratulations to you! Can't wait to hear more!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, June 18, 2009, Blogger Chickpea said…

    I just came here through a comment on DanjerusKurves (which came via yeakimadork) where you mentioned DC. I'm near DC too so I had to check and guess what? Your adorable little handsome man was born on my birthday! How cool is that? I'm going to come back and post more insightful comments at some point, but I just HAD to share that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home