The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Okay, okay, I know! I've been gone for what seems like a very long time. BUT, I have a good excuse. We've been working on the baby's room non-stop and it looks fabulous, if I do say so myself!!

We got the last piece of furniture this weekend, the armoire, and my wonderful hubby got it all put together. I didn't even hear any cursing coming from the room so it must not have been too horrible! The walls are almost completely done with their paintings. I have a few more shells to add to the beach here and there and we want to add our little Lucy's paw prints as well, but that is a two man operation so I can't do that one on my own. The last things I need to get done are to sew the window sheers, I have them slung over the curtain rods for effect but the seems are not yet sewn, and I need to make the crib bedding. I have all the fabric, I just want to wash it before I make it. I'm so excited that everything is coming together so well and I'm happy that the room will be ready before we bring this little munchkin home.

Speaking of the munchkin...he kicks and moves non-stop. It's a little disturbing sometimes. There is truly a little alien trying to get out. It's kind of freaky. I am also still freaked out by the thought that in about 2 months, 60 days!!! We will be bringing a child home! I know I should be getting used to the idea by now but really, I'm just getting used to the whole being pregnant idea. Oh my god, I'm going to have a BABY!!!

Anyway, I am going to catch up on everyone now. Here are some pic's of the baby's room:



www.flickr.com



3 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, April 07, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    It's FANTASTIC! I love it!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, April 08, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    Ohhhh it's so perfect. Beyond perfect. Soothing, beautiful...I love it!!

     
  • At 12:25 AM, April 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Casually tossing out a reference to the sheers being draped, etc., is NOT cool if you don't include a photo of said sheers! And, yes, I have a good reason for making this protest but I can't share it right yet. Now, email me a photo of the draped sheers, please. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home