The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

we're growing, aka, OH MY GOD I'M HUGE!

So...the little Peanut is growing away and moving around like a maniac. I can not believe that soon we will have a BABY! I had a mini freak out the other day when I realized that in about a month and a half there will be a little person here. No giving him back, no returns. He's here, for good! YIKES!

Anyway, here's a picture of Lucy checking out the baby belly:

<span class=

I had my first baby shower two Saturday's ago and it went very well. I got lots of really nice gifts, the food was great and the company was even better. It was a great day, and I think because my friends had a lot to do with the planning, there were no games or anything like that. You know, the things I hate, haha.

My last shower is this coming Saturday and I expect it will also be a great one, I am a little worried that there will be games, etc but we'll see. I'll just feign exhaustion and pretend I can't participate. But it should be really nice and I'm sure I'll have another whole truck load of loot to put away, wash and get ready for our little man.

The weather here has been NUTS. We went from seriously cold weather last week to sweltering heat! It has been in the 90's since Friday and even Lucy is over it. She is like, look, I am a spoiled bitch and I need me some shade and some air conditioning. And this is just fine with me because mama feels the same way! It's supposed to go back to normal later this week but so much for Spring. Like usual, we went straight from Winter to Summer in a matter of a day.

Anyway, I am off to actually get some work done. I hope everyone is having a great day!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, April 28, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    You look great! The cutest baby bump ever!

    Do you have a name for this little peanut yet?

     
  • At 4:54 PM, April 29, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    It looks like she's kissin your tummy!

    I'm with you. I hate all the dingy games they make you play at showers. UGH.

    A month and a half?! WOW the time sure flies when you aren't the one with the baby in your belly! *wink*

     
  • At 9:08 AM, April 30, 2009, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Sassy - we haven't "revealed" the name yet. It's going to be our only surprise...

    OGO - I have to be honest, the time has actually flown for me too. I feel so lucky and blessed to have had such an uneventful pregnancy and although looking back I am like, WOW, I've been pregnant a long time, it really feels like it's gone by very fast!!!

     
  • At 8:07 AM, May 04, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    Such a cute belly!!!!!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, May 05, 2009, Blogger Andi said…

    Yayy! A peanut belly pic! I've been so freakin' absent from the blog world, I'm sure I've missed a lot. Hang in there, chica!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home