The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Whoo, I swear I can't go without posting for weeks at a time...I feel bad because I can't say my life has changed that much lately (YET) but I just can't seem to come up with anything of any interest to post about. Well, here we go, try not to be bored to sleep...

So, my second shower went off without a hitch. It was at my sisters house and it was so nice. We did play a few games but thankfully they were not bad at all, I won't go so far to say they were fun, but I did have some chuckles and I didn't hate it! I got lots of really nice gifts and it was just a really nice day. Here's a picture of my cake, it was so pretty:

cake

On Saturday I had my mom come over and we went through all of my gifts from both showers and separated any duplicates and then went through the piles of clothes and decided what should be returned, etc. I ended up returning over $200 worth of clothes and toys and I was able to get everything that was left on my registry that I didn't get and really needed. Things like the changing table topper. You know, the important things. There are still things that I don't have and I'm sure I'll be running to Babies R Us the day after the baby's born, but from what I understand, you can never be completely prepared and that is just going to be the case!

Mother's Day here was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect, low 70's, sunny, not an ounce of humidity. It was like a miracle with the amount of rain we've been getting here. We had brunch at my mom's house and I made an Asparagus - sun dried tomato Strata and a Blueberry French Toast Casserole. Holy lord they were good - if I do say so myself. I even took pictures. Oh Yum, I wish I had some now!

<span class=<span class=

So we've been working on our little Lucy, trying to get her as prepared as we can for our new family member. I started playing her the sounds of a baby crying yesterday and she looked at me like, "what the hell is that?". After a few minutes she was just resigned to the "noise". I have to admit, it made me crazy and I almost started crying! hahaha...Was that the effect that it was supposed to cause? It was really scary to think that this is what we need to prepare for and we can't shut it off. I just hope we're able to control it somehow. I've been doing lots of reading but I don't think anything prepares you like just getting in there and doing it. I have to admit, it's getting closer and I'm getting a huge combination of nervousness, fright, excitement and almost a longing for it to be over so I can just get this show on the road.

According to the doctor the baby has turned so at least we're heading in the right direction. Believe me, I feel it! I feel so heavy and stretched to my limit. I am totally waddling now and it aint pretty...

We went to an open house last night at a pediatricians office. One more thing you have to do before you have a baby - get a doctor for them! Who knew? The practice we visited was great but we have one more to visit before we make our decision. I hope we can handle this whole parenting thing, or at least stay on top of it.

Anyway, wish me luck, and wish me no early labor. I don't want to have this baby too early (or too late for that matter). I have my whole maternity leave planned out and going back to work earlier than I planned is not part of the program so wish me luck in having this kid either on time or late! haha...Wow, how my priorities are going to change.

Anyway, I'm going to check on all of you. Thanks for hanging with me ladies!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, May 12, 2009, Blogger gusgreeper said…

    when those food dishes popped up on flickr i was like awww so sweet she is nesting.
    baby showers must be so fun!!! we are firmly planted with couples who aren't having kids. funny how that happens, we do have friends with babies, like you and off line too, just more sided to the not and i LOVE babies now that i know i won't be having one.

    i'll be checking checking checking for going into labour news.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, May 13, 2009, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    GG - I think you and all of your friends that are not having babies should take turns throwing each other baby-free showers!! Pick a couple of honor, Think of a theme and hey, you can drink or do whatever you like at the shower, kind of like a bridal shower but much, much better!! HA - and at the end, as much as you love babies, just think, you won't have to take a crying, poopie diapered little monster home for good. You can always come down here and visit mine :O)

     
  • At 3:17 PM, May 13, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad you made it through your showers. You are getting so close! I hope everything works with your timing. It broke my heart to see my due date come and go! Take care! I still come back here hoping for good news! Keep us posted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home