The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

cooking with gas...

Okay, that title makes me want to puke a little because I had a religion teacher in high school that would use that phrase when we did something "good"...haha!

Anyway, we really are "cookin" now...My uncle removed all of the "old" appliances from one of his houses and while doing so, gave us his stove. Now, our old stove is the definition of OLD! To put it into perspective, they don't make this model anymore nor is the store that makes our old stove in business anymore. Get the picture? If not, here is a real one for you:


<span class=

Yes, it's Avocado green! And this is where the magic has happened for the last 8 years in our home! I am shocked that it's held up, but it really has served us well. Many a fabulous meal has come out of the green machine, that's for sure!

The new and improved model is a nice GE stove. It has a drawer below for my pans, that is where the old stove held it's broiler...I'm talking old school! and it just looks so much nicer. I mean, I have nothing against Avocado green, I just don't want it to be the color of my major appliances. So, until this one dies or we finally re-do our house, here is the new piece of equipment:

<span class=

Fancy, huh? Now, I have to go home and cook dinner! Yayy

4 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, March 26, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Nice! Congratulations!

    Can you believe I've never cooked on a gas stove? Nope. They have all been electric. Oh except for when I was a kid and I'd cook hot dogs over the flame with a fork. Just like a camp out!

     
  • At 2:55 PM, March 27, 2009, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Never cooked on a gas stove OGO? You don't know what you're missing ;O) I love cooking on gas, I feel like I have more control over the heat, but hey, you are a phenomenal cook so I'm thinking gas vs. electric doesn't matter so much when you've got talent!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, March 27, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I am so jealous! You are going to love it I'm sure.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, March 30, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    Huge improvement...HUGE.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home