The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Progress

So, as requested, and I'm warning you...what you are about to see may be harmful to your health. Behold, the huge, baby oven that we call my belly, or what was formerly known as my belly:


big belly!


The little monster is non stop these days. He has been moving like crazy since Saturday and as cool as it is, I have to admit, it's a little disturbing. I would say that I want some peace but soon enough I am probably going to be mourning the fact that this little person is no longer my little, private, internal baby but a full fledged, crying, pooping infant that I have to take care of from the "outside". He'll no longer be just mine but part of the world. Ugghh, can you believe I'm getting sad about not being pregnant anymore and I'm not even close to delivering? I am such a weirdo...

Anyway, this weekend the hubby and I did lots and lots of work on the baby's room and the rest of the house for that matter. Even Lucy got in on the action as she made many visits to the room we were painting so that she could add her own personal touches. Yes, Lucy now has multiple colors of paint on her tail. It's just her way to show that she was involved and if it makes her happy then hey, it's fine with me!

Here are some pictures of my inspiration for the baby's room:

room colors 1room colors



I love these colors and I want to do a beach theme for the room so these are the pic's that I'm using to base my designs on. I will be painting a mural on one wall and then little beach items on the other walls similar to, but not identical to these pictures. I just think these colors and the beach are so soothing and somehow I think I'm going to need a soothing place to relax here in the next couple of months...

So, I painted the closet first to make sure I liked the green/blue color and it turns out that I LOVE it! It's exactly what I wanted. I made sure to be a healthy, smart, pregnant mama and I wore a mask to paint. Then I realized that paint really doesn't smell anymore. I know my mother in law was so worried for me to be around paint but I think she's remembering the days when you had to basically evacuate your home for days at a time when painting was being done. These days, paint is almost odorless. And, if the room is well ventilated, which the hubby made sure of! Then you're fine. Needless to say, I lost the mask after a while and it was fine!

painting



So, as the hubby did the heavy lifting and the major painting in the actual bedroom, I played in the closet. I know no one will even see this but it's fun and since there won't be any "under water" scenes in the actual room I thought, hey, why not? So here is the baby's closet:

closet wall 2

closet wall 1

closet wall 3

So, that's the progress thus far. I think we'll have the main painting done by the end of the week and I will work on the mural next week. I'll post more pic's when I have more to show.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, March 16, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    Your painting is almost as spectacular as your belly...I mean it...you must glow : )

     
  • At 6:00 PM, March 16, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    That is adorable! I can't wait to see the finished product, you are so talented.

    LOVE the belly picture! Looks like everything is progressing like it should, and soon we will be fawning over baby pictures! I am so happy for you.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, March 18, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I love your nursery theme! Too cute!

    Being pregnant is wonderful but soon you'll be taking pictures of a beautiful baby instead of your tummy!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, March 20, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh how I wish you'd plan things more to my convenience. Like, for example, if you were 9 months pregnant for Halloween I could send you a bumble bee costume -- NOTHING could be cuter! Well, maybe one of those tutu-wearing dancing hippos in Fantasia ...

     
  • At 2:52 PM, March 20, 2009, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    HAHA! I currently FEEL like a tutu wearing dancing hippo, thankyouverymuch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home