The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, March 03, 2008

SAY NO TO DRUGS!


This picture depicts me from about Saturday night until, well...NOW!

We went to see our new nephew at home on Saturday evening and take them all the yummy food we made them. While we were there, like an idiot, I played with B and SIL's cats. Well, because I guess I don't remember that I am very allergic to them. Either that or I like to torture myself. Regardless, I felt bad for them. I know they're confused about this new thing that's come into their home/lives.

Well, within minutes I decide to touch my eye that was really itching, for some WEIRD reason. Well, a few minutes later I look like I just got into a boxing match with Mike Tyson. My eye is blowing up. It's redder than I've ever seen, I'm tearing up like a water fountain and I feel the hives ready to start exploding all over my face. I'm in BIG trouble...

So, I go wash my hands and my face. I throw saline solution into my eyes until someone found the eye drops. Then, the kicker...my BIL asks if I want to take a Zyrtec.

Sure, why not? The sooner I can look and feel better would be great. I take the pill.

Now, I'm no light weight. I can drink and hang with the best of them but let me tell you, I have not felt "right" since Saturday night. We drank a few beers and I just remember feeling really, really sleepy. We got home and I could not keep my eyes open. I went to bed and I assume I slept like a rock.

On Sunday morning I had a brunch to go to with my mom and grandmother at 11:30am. I could barely get out of bed at 10:15! I went to brunch, I ate, I felt like I was in a bubble all day. I was so out of it. After brunch I came home and landed on the couch where I slept on and off ALL DAY LONG! I went to bed last night and I am seriously not sure how I got out of bed this morning. I could barely open my eyes, even in the shower!

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm awake now but I don't particularly feel like it. I mean, it's 12:15pm and I still feel like I'm dragging. I've never had anything, a drug, a drink, anything, make me feel this way. I'm almost tempted to call the doctor but I don't know what he'd say that the internet can't. I'm just studying the side effects of Zyrtec and so far, what I'm dealing with sounds right on target. I've just never had anything effect me for so long. I wonder how many milligrams that damn pill was. It's like I took one made for an elephant!

So, be careful what you take! I hope everyone else is having a good Monday. I'm ready to pass out on my desk....

5 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, March 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I'm a perpetual lightweight when it comes to most medications yet I can eat Zyrtec like it's peanuts! That is if taking one 10mg Zyrtec counts ...

     
  • At 2:54 PM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Wow, I've had to take Zyrtec for cat and dog allergies before and I've never had that happen. Are you sure he didn't slip you a roofie by mistake? LOL Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

    I hope you feeling better ASAP!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Poor you! That's what you get for being sweet. Remember that. Swollen eyes and foggy thinking.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    See...you should never play with other people's pussies and then take drugs. A recipe for disaster.

    Hope you're feeling better.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    I've had similar reactions to drugs that other people take with no side effects & no one believes me & they make me feel like a baby...screw 'em...& feel better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home