The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

OH

MY

GOD

!!!!



this week is literally kicking my ass! I've gotten home from work after 7pm the last two nights and I am not happy about it. I know, I know...waaaa waaaaa. I wouldn't be so bitter if it wasn't for the sheer incompetence of some of the people I work with! I often wonder if god is testing me by surrounding me with stupid people. Really, I think it's a lack of attention to detail and the fact that some people just can't be bothered to "do their job". OY! Okay...enough of that, it's just making me more pissed...

SO...we found out today that my SIL was going to be induced this coming Saturday because apparently her blood pressure is very high right now. Well, I got a call a little while ago and her water broke so there goes that. I assume I'll be at the hospital some time soon to welcome my new nephew to the world. We are all very excited.

I have been on a roll in the kitchen lately...oh god, pardon the lame pun. We have been having some kick ass meals the last two weeks. I have been enjoying utilizing some easy, quick, recipes that just happen to be really yummy too. Here's the run down, and of course all recipes are easily emailed if anyone is interested...

Things we've made in the crock pot:
  • Crock o' Brats with some yummy potato rolls and beer mustard
  • Coq Au Vin over rice and a delicious peach/blueberry cobbler for desert
  • "smoked" Beef Brisket with a seriously good low fat mac and cheese recipe (I wouldn't lie about mac and cheese) and brocolli
  • Dill Meatballs (similar to Swedish) over egg noodles and a great salad
Non crock potters:
  • Crispy oven baked fish with asparagus and tomatoes on the side
  • Oven baked manicotti
  • Shrimp Monterey (like a cheesy shrimp casserole) over rice
  • Asian spice marinated pork loin chops and lima bean puree
Mmmm, the list is making me hungry! I'm on this kick lately of trying to find recipes that I want to make and then I try to decide what day I'll make them so I have the whole week worked out. Then I know what to take out of the freezer on what day or what I need to prep the night before. Obviously I don't have time to make these complete meals when I get home after 7pm!

Anyway, that's about all I got. I need to go partake in any type of behavior that will relax me and help me forget about my day. I hope everyone is having a better week than I am!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home