The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hmmm, let's see, what did I do last night?

I was having a productive evening. I made dinner (mmm yummy swedishy meatballs over egg noodles and a delish salad!), I played with the pooch, did a little cleaning up. Then I decided to get the sewing machine out of the attic so I could get moving on some other projects that I have been neglecting since working on the nephew projects...

On my way down I proceeded to fall off my attic steps, scraping/bruising the bottom of my foot (very painful at the time and the next day) and somehow dropping my sewing machine on my head on it's way down to the floor. I sat there for a while trying to decide if I was going to laugh or cry (it was that kind of pain). The hubby and the dog finally came around the corner to see if I was okay...great protector my dog is, huh? I just needed to sit there for a while. My foot hurt so bad I thought it was bleeding and couldn't look at it. Once it stopped throbbing I looked...no blood, just a bruised ego...kidding, but you definitely don't look too distinguished sitting, legs all akimbo, on the hallway floor laugh-crying with a sewing machine box on top of you...

Once I got over my fall I did actually get things done! I made 3 new belts. YAyyy! They turned out really nice and I think I'm gonna make more and possibly sell them, and hey, they are great gifts too! I can make them for friends and family. I will take pic's of the finished products tonight.

So, today my foot is so sore. Who knew you could bruise the bottom of your foot so deeply? There are no shoes with any type of heel/incline in my future. I am wearing flat bottomed, cushy shoes and they are wonderful, and oh so sexy!

I hope everyone is having a great day. Hey, only two more days until the weekend. Woo Hoo!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, February 20, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Oh you poor thing! You should charge double for those belts for your pain and suffering.

    It's cool you got projects done though. I can't wait to see them!

     
  • At 12:16 AM, February 21, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Ouch...glad you're ok...whenever I have an accident like that I have to look right away...I find that if there's blood...people can relate to your pain...& you might even get some needed sympathy...if there's no sign of injury...they think you're bluffing (people suck).

     
  • At 1:14 PM, February 21, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Ouch!! I hope you're feeling better! No worries, if I had fallen, the only way I think my dog would have come would be if I was carrying a box of food and it fell, spilling everywhere. Then he'd be by my side... True love.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, February 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I could have sworn I commented already ... but I have no idea what I said ... maybe it was all just a dream.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home