The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, February 11, 2008

Grammy's

So...did anyone watch the Grammy's? I rarely watch these awards shows, but man, this writers strike did the Grammy's well this year! No lame host, no lame jokes, no lame introductions. It was a lot of performances and then performers introducing other performers and the nominees/winners. I liked it.

If you did, or even if you didn't see it, Tina Turner is amazing. I swear, that woman is what, in her 60's/70's? and she looks fucking phenomenal and she sounds phenomenal, and man, she's just still got it. She made Beyonce look bad! I swear, Beyonce's thick ass thighs looked like ham hocks next to Tina Turner's hot body. That woman will go to her grave rockin it!

I loved that they did some of the Beatles/Cirque de Soliel show, LOVE. I want to go to Vegas to see that so bad. It looks really great. I am a big fan of both so how could it be anything but fabulous?

The John Legend/Fergie duet was lame because Fugie, I mean Fergie sucks but John Legend is so talented. And not bad to look at!! I wish he would have sang.

And AMY WINEHOUSE! WHoa....that was so entertaining. She's a fucking FREAK! It was a little endearing that when she won she was a little taken aback and so thankful BUT her acceptance speech, if you want to call it that, was so funny! She's got that like Manchester-ish thuggy british accent! She literally said, "FANK YOU...and to RAY RAY and JOE!, to my Blake incarcerated!" OY! You can't make that shite up. So great.

Anyway, I surprised myself by watching the whole thing but it was kind of fun.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Got to get to work...YUCK!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I had just started reading this post when you commented on mine! Great minds think alike.

    I didn't watch the Grammy's. I think I'm terribly out of touch these days. I know who those people are but I don't know much of their music!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    LOL, I love your Winehouse impression-in-writing. I saw bits of it on Good Morning America this morning (while I was trying to keep the pup from peeing on the living room carpet), and laughed my arse off.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I didn't watch them but think Amy is such a mess and is so out of control I really can't help watch her trainwreck of a life to see what will happen next. What a freakshow!!

    Work sucks, we should be exempt.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, February 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why do *I* always have to be the voice of reason around here? Amy Winehouse is from LONDON. Which is about as close to Manchester as New York is to Los Angeles. She has a London/English accent. Also, for the 1,000th time, there is no such bloody thing as a British accent. English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish = NOT British. Bloody ignorant Americans. It's a good job that I love you as much as I do you know. :P

     
  • At 11:47 PM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    I didn't watch it...but I would have had I known that Tina was going to be on...love her.

    I'm so sick of sickly Amy Winehouse already.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home