The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

So, did anyone watch the Superbowl? I am a football fan but I have to admit, since my team wasn't in it, I just wasn't that into it myself. I think I watched more of the Puppy Bowl than the actual football game. Damn those puppies are cute! Makes me want a new one myself...until I come home to a ruined pair of shoes, a half eaten carpet, a destroyed pot holder, etc and remember the training process of having a little baby pooper in the house...

I wasn't really rooting for the Giants per se, but I was hoping that the Patriots would lose. And they did...And their classless coach who left the field before the time clock expired just sealed the public's opinion of that team. Cheaters and sore losers.

Anyway, enough about the game that I don't care about...now onto the important part of the super bowl. THE COMMERCIALS! Did anyone watch the commercials at least? Wow, how rediculously disappointing! What a complete and utter crap load of very expensive ad time. I can really only remember one commercial that I somewhat enjoyed and that was the Budweiser commercial where the Dalmation trains the Clydesdale so that he can become a Budweiser horse the next year. And even that one lacked any real entertainment. Other than that it was really sad. The commercials that were supposed to be funny fell way short. It was like the advertisers all had some inside joke they were advertising and no one got it but them.

The movie ad's were pretty lame. Wow look, Will Ferral is gonna be in the same movie he's been in 16 times. Oh look, Adam Sandler is gonna be in the same movie he's been in 12 times - although, I'll admit that one made me giggle, but it was short lived. Oh Angelina Jolie is going to be a computer generated super hero-esque spy or something. She'll be kicking ass and taking names...another very believable plot to showcase her acting ability!

I just couldn't really figure out what most of the ad's were trying to sell me. I mean, Justin Timberlake...uhhh, was that a commercial for Pepsi? Was it for a new album? Is he becoming a stunt man? Not even remotely funny...

Anyway, I won't go into each spot because it's not nice to torture people. I mean, if you've seen it once there's no need to relive it. I hope that everyone enjoyed Super Bowl Sunday. If nothing else it's a day when you can justify eating crappy food and laying around in front of the television for hours, right?

8 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, February 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was napping so i missed all the commercials but i woke up with 4 minutes to go so basically i got to watch an hour. but i think adam must have had it on the Canadian station by then.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Osbasso said…

    Good lord! It looks like you saw my post on this (I did a running commentary during the game). And your views on everything else are identical to mine! Are we twins, separated at birth???

     
  • At 3:31 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Osbasso said…

    BTW--I only came back to check for more skin... ;-)

     
  • At 4:26 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Jay said…

    They broadcast the Superbowl here in Canada, but not the commercials, so we have no idea what you guys are talking about.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, February 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I only ever watch for the commercials ... I have to agree, this year they were sad.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I only caught the end of the game. We didn't have a dog in the fight so I didn't care. We did like the baby for the etrade commercial. He used some of his "coin" to rent a clown. Didn''t figure on the creepiness though. HA!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    I admit, I slept through a good chunk of the game until B. started squawking with joy that the Giants were making a comeback. And yes, Patriots = a-holes with a classless coach.

    The commercials = total flop.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Best Superbowl game ever...in my opinion...the lead changed so many times in the 4th quarter alone & did you see that Tyree catch (it will be shown from now until forever in highlight clips)...damn.

    But yeah, the commercials left me yawning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home