The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, January 04, 2008

Wow, who knew working was gonna take up so much of my damn time...

I guess I should be glad I have things to do. Except for now, when time seems to be standing still and I'm doing NOTHING! But at least it's Friday and I will be home sipping on some type of adult beverage soon I hope!

Our NYE was great. We did pretty much nothing. We went out to this quite yummy Italian restaurant by our house with my parents and sisters for an early dinner then hung at home with friends. A few came over here and there and it was very low key and exactly what I wanted to do. I didn't want to make any crazy plans or pay an outrageous amount of money to go to some crowded, loud, obnoxious club with a bunch of dufus heads that I don't care to be around anyway. I didn't feel like getting wasted and being all hung over the next day. I didn't want to get all dressed up. I wanted to be in my sweat pants with my pooch and my husband! The friends were just a bonus. Wow...I am getting old! I like it.

SO, works going well. Lots to do. I haven't had great internet connection at home these days. We had to switch our service from Verizon to Comcast, which I am so scared about because, let's face it, they both suck! So we'll see what happens with that.

The hubby's birthday is next week and I have all kinds of surprises in store for him. I'm so excited. Of course I can't divulge because he's probably reading this and that would totally suck and ruin the surprises so you'll have to hear about them all after the fact. I'm sure everyone is waiting on the edge of their seats...

Anyway, I will be spending Saturday, hopefully, watching my Washington Redskins whip up on the Seattle Seahawks. If not, I'll be in a very bad mood, but I'll get over it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, January 05, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad you had a good new years eve. It sounds cozy and nice. No knuckleheads is a plus!

    Have a great weekend Funky!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, January 05, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    We stayed in on NYE in our jammies. We rang the new year in with the baby in my arms and a fire on. Perfect. Just the way I wanted it. Low key!

    Happy New year to you! All the best for 2008 :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home