The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

So we had a very Norman Rockwell weekend. On Saturday the hubby, our sister and brother-in-law and I all went to a Christmas tree farm and cut down trees. We brought hot cider and other goodies and had a very nice day. I think we've started a new tradition. I can't wait to do it again next year.

We picked out a great tree. I have to admit there were a lot of trees that looked very dead in the middle due to the major drought we had here this year but we managed to get a good looking one. I think it's perfect. My manly husband cut the tree down with ease and the farm that we were at had a very good system. You drag your cut tree to the end of the little lane and a tractor comes and collects it. They staple a number to it and give you the other end and then you "claim" your tree when you get up to the farm house.

We brought our tree home and introduced the pooch. She was oddly well behaved and only chewed on the branches for a short time until she realized that not only did they not taste very good, the needles probably didn't feel so great in her mouth either...Now, if we can get her to stop drinking the water we'll be okay.

We were exhausted on Saturday evening and I was suffering from the worst cramps I've had since probably high school so we stayed in and decorated our tree. It looks so pretty! I'm pretty much done with my Christmas shopping so I got all of my gifts wrapped and under the tree last night. It looks so pretty! Wow, I might actually enjoy Christmas this year...Doubtful!

Here are some pic's of TSO cutting our tree and then our tree decorated....

www.flickr.com



5 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, December 04, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Maybe having the gifts under the tree will deter the pup from drinking the water.

    It looks lovely! Your weekend sounds so festive.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, December 05, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Your tree looks great! I don't know why, but every year we had a real tree the dogs insisted on drinking the water. Of course these are the same dogs that insisted that toilet water tastes better than fresh water, so what can you expect?

    I love interesting trees- the all one color ones really bug me!

     
  • At 12:56 PM, December 05, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Pretty treeee!!!! I need to take a pic of mine and post it. Although, mine is most assuredly fake. lol

     
  • At 10:40 AM, December 06, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Cold Hands - Hubby and I agree! We can't do the one color/themed trees! we need complete chaos, ghetto fabulous, lots of colored lights, no rhyme or reason on our tree. That's the only way to go! It's how we had it as children and how we'll continue as adults. No Martha Stewart's in this family ;O)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, December 06, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    hehe- good for yall!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home