The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, December 21, 2007

Welcome Back Cougher!

Well, first week back in the work force and I've apparently managed to catch every germ from every slimy, dirty person in this building. I have the worst sore throat ever. I can't even talk for more than 30 seconds without sounding like I'm crying and my voice is fading, fading, fading...

I literally got home on Wednesday evening close to tears because it hurt so bad to swallow. I currently have a stomach ache from all of the tea I've been drinking and all of the Halls I've been sucking on. I have been eating Advil liquid gels like PEZ and there is still no relief! I'm going to rip my trachea out!!!

This is going to make the holidays GRAND! Oh how I love the holidays as it is, being sick is going to make me an excruciating bitch. My poor husband...

Another reason working is just DUMB!

Anyway, I guess the fact that it's Friday is good, except that it feels like it's been 2:30pm for like 75 hours now! Dammit, I'm back to being just another old working stiff...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, December 21, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I had a joke all ready for "working stiff" but I thought it was probably in poor taste...

    I'm so sorry you feel icky. Try sucking on cinnamon disk candy. I know it sounds weird but it always helps my sore throats and then you don't have that mentholy breath. (It's my mom's remedy.)

    Get well soon!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, December 26, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm right there with ya. I started the meds three days ago for my sore throat/cough/head full of snot, and I still sound like Tanya Tucker with throat cancer. *sniff*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home