The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh my god, I feel like the biggest jerk for not posting in so long but I have been so busy between getting ready for the holidays and the new job!

I went to NYC with my mom and some other peeps last week to do the "tourist" thing. We saw the Rockette's Christmas show, which, can you believe I've NEVER seen? That is weird to me. My mom used to go every year with her parents when she was little but I've never been once. It was nice to spend the time with my mom. We also did the Rock center/tree/Sax windows thing. After that I was like, get me the hell away from these crowds of Midwestern tourists before I strangle some fanny pack wearing yokel...and I made my mom go to a pub with me that my friends that live in the city love...AWAY from the tourists. It was great and my mom loved it. I knew she would.

Here are a couple of yummy pictures:



www.flickr.com



WELL...I completed my Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago, for the most part, just one or two little things to get, and have everything wrapped and under the tree. AND I've started the new job. Yesterday was my first day. So, it's been a little chaotic.

Things are so far, so good. Everyone at the new gig is super cool. This place reminds me a lot of how my old job used to be years ago and that's a very good thing. I'm digging it so far and I'm basically jumping in head first. Already working on some things and can't be happier.

The pooch is adjusting well and I guess I am too. I've been running home at lunch to take her out and play a bit and it's working out just fine.

I should be back to normal and back to posting soon, and most importantly, checking in on all of you. I hope you're all still out there. I miss you all so much!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Your trip sounds fun! Can you believe I've never seen the Rockettes either? Ha! Of course you can!

    I'm glad you like the new job so far. I hope it stays that way!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, December 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never been to New York! Closest I've gotten was the NJ airport on my way to Germany. Although I may have flown over when I emigrated from England to L.A. 100 years ago.

    You couldn't have held out until after the New Year to start a new job??????

     
  • At 10:35 PM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    Great pics of the tree...I refuse to go to midtown this time of year...you can't even walk of on the sidewalks...people just stop there & gawk...come on people...MOVE...but I do love Saks too.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, December 21, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    DK - Do you think I had ANYTHING to do with starting a new job BEFORE the new year? ABSOLUTELY NOT! They told me this was my start date and I'm here. If they want to pay me to sit around and come as I please next week while no one is here, that's fine with me. Is it stupid? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! But believe me, it's not my doing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home