The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Today is the hubby's birthday. Since I already gave him his "gifts" I can tell you what they were...I got him the soundtrack to the movie Juno, if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. And, I got him a gift that was a little self satisfying to be honest...I got him a classic toy that he and I always wanted as kids but our parents would never buys us. What is it, you ask?



Why, it's the Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine, that's what!






GOD I envied every kid I knew that had one of these when I was a child. Lame, I know, but it's always what you don't have that you want most, right? Now, I cant wait to have the miniature margaritas that my husband is going to make me out of this thing. It should only take about an hour to get any real slushy ice out of it, and by then it'll be basically just water. HA HA! We'll use this thing once and then it'll be in the attic with all of our other junk. Oh well...it's still be fun!

Tonight we are going out to a really yummy crab house in our area and eating some crabs with friends and family to celebrate. Then, the rest of the birthday celebrations will be happening in NYC this weekend. Those details are still surprises so I can spill the beans.

The weather has been unseasonably warm here the last couple of days and tomorrow is expected to be in the high 60's close to 70! It's January in Washington, DC people. This is unheard of. I could get used to this whole global warming thing...Okay, so it does scare me a little bit, but I'll admit, taking the dog for a long walk/run at lunch in a tee shirt and light pants, aint so bad! Wow, this can't bode well for February/March. I smell blizzard!

Anyway, the hubby will be eating crabs and experiencing a little taste of Spring for his January 8th Birthday. I bet he's never experienced that in all of his 35 previous birthdays...

Well, hope you all have a great day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!

I love you
XOXO

3 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, January 08, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Happy Birthday Mr. Funky!

    I hope you have a great time this weekend.

    It's been nice here too. Nice enough for shorts!

     
  • At 4:40 PM, January 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, TSO! :D ... Weather in Houston, Texass is beautiful, wish you guys were here!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, January 09, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Awww, a very happy birthday to Mr. Funky!

    And I'm SO JEALOUS of that snow cone machine! My mom wouldn't buy me one when I was a kid either. I saw one similar to the Snoopy version at a store the other day and was SO TEMPTED to buy it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home