The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sniffle, Sniffle...

TSO's birthday was very fun and delicious! AND, even better than that, his parents picked up the bill for all 12 of the people in attendance! That was sweet action. And, leaves more cash for NYC!

I have literally had a cold/cough for the last 2 weeks. Well, yesterday it decided to turn into a full blown illness. I have the worst headache, ear ache, cough, sneezing fits, eyes watering, nose running, nasal drip...I sound like an old Nyquil commercial. It really sucks. And what sucks even worse is being the "new guy" at work. You can just call in sick when you've been here for 3 weeks. Although, I'm sure the people around me would prefer I keep my gnarly germs out of the office. Oh well. I had to put self tanner on my face this morning because I think if I didn't, I would look like a zombie! I may leave early if I can because I really don't want to be sick for our trip this weekend. That would suck meat balls!

I am currently obsessed with making "gifts" from my iPhoto. My awesome husband made me a calendar for my new desk for Christmas with lots of great photos of us and the pooch and our friends. I always wanted to do one for my parents and when I tried to do the costco one on-line it wouldn't let me upload pic's and I got frustrated and gave up. Well...after the holidays I got one of those apple emails about a sale on their photo gifts so I tried my hand at a calendar and now I am seriously addicted! I made my parents an AWESOME calendar, if I do say so myself.

And, I never had photo albums made by our wedding photographers because it was going to cost upwards of $800 and forgive me, I think my wedding was an awesome event, one of the best days of my life, but I can't imagine paying $800 for an album of my pictures from that day, on top of the fact that we had to pay the photographer a fee already! So, iPhoto has a "book" option (I think all the photo sites have this option). It's a real bound book that comes in a really nice dust cover, etc. Well, I am making a few of these from our wedding. This will still probably run me about, I don't know, maybe $200 when all is said and done - we have a lot of pic's, and I'm thinking of breaking it up into like 3 or 4 books. But hey, lets face it, it's better than $800, I even think the $800 option was on the cheap side! Man, I went into the wrong profession...

Anyway, I need to go blow my constantly running nose now for the 16th time in 5 minutes. Gotta love the raw nose look...mmmmm! Nothing sexier.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, January 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are way ahead of us, for wedding photos we have two of us printed out off the computer on photo paper but it is paper not really photoish but it looks ok behind the frames... my parents developed a bunch of 4 x 6 ones so we have an album of those but the rents liked all different ones than us so none of us are framed just family ones. eventually we are going to get a real framed large copy of the infamous golf shot. this is mostly due to laziness :P

    hope you get better soon, i seriously hate the red nose ... so painful to blow it.. i use vaseline but really it doesn't give much relief... you are sexy anyway :)

     
  • At 12:42 AM, January 11, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Feel better soon!

    When will you be in NYC?

     
  • At 10:36 AM, January 11, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I am SO jealous of your NYC trip!

    I also feel ya on the photo book obsession - I have purchased 4 so far, and have others that are works in progress. It is just the best idea ever! Perfect for wedding photos!

    Have a great weekend, and I hope you feel better soon (is it allergies, because if it has lingered this long it sounds like 'em)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home