The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Seaside




Well, this is where we were for the last 5 days and yes, it was beautiful. The weather for the most part was excellent, the water was crystal blue, the sand was soft and white and above all it was WARM and SUNNY! It was great.

Yesterday had to be the longest travel day on earth. We started our travels at 11am from Seaside and didn't get home until about 12am today. Landing in DC could be compared to being on a roller coaster. I thought I was going to hurl a couple of times! I just prayed that we wouldn't end up in the Potomac River, or worse, the Anacostia!! I have also never spent such a long time in an airport in my life. I was ready to pitch a tent in Atlanta and we were tempted to take the offer from the airline for a place to stay, a meal voucher and two free tickets just to get out of the damn airport but we just wanted to get home to our dog and our bed. I'll spare you all of the other travel details but I am really tired today.


I thought long and hard how to describe Seaside. I'll start by telling you that The Truman Show was filmed here, I've never seen the movie but it's so appropriate. At first I wanted to say that it reminded me of a Stepford type of place. Very WHITE, very rich, almost robotic. Then on the third day or so it came to me...it's where the "Others" live on LOST. It's kind of culty. At one point I was afraid I was getting too much sun on the beach because perhaps I would be too dark for this town and possibly thrown out. I kid, but being from the DC area and traveling to a town so obviously lacking in diversity was kind of depressing.

The wedding was of course beautiful. The bride is in the fashion industry in Manhattan and let me tell you, it showed, oh, that and the fact that her parents are stinkin rich. It was straight out of a magazine. This is just a mere glimpse into the event.






We had all expense events planned from the minute we arrived on Wednesday until Sunday morning. It was truly a whirlwind long weekend. Of course our house was the party house. Everyone somehow ended up at our casa late night every evening. We drank a lot, ate well and didn't get a lot of sleep - although I am ready to tackle having a dog again - we missed our pup so much! It would be an understatement to say that we are exhausted and will have to use this week to recover.






I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can't wait to catch up on all of you.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home