The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Fat Tuesday Everyone! I imagine this is a festive time this year in New Orleans with things back up and running. I also can't imagine spending a Mardi Gras in that town. It might be one of my worst nightmares. I've spent a New Year's Eve in the French Quarter and that was enough madness for me. I can't even imagine the magnitude of this special New Orleans event!

So, that means I get to go to church tomorrow at lunch and return to the constant, "you have something on your forehead" comments! It's oh so clever. So, warning to all of you that forgot tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, when you see someone walk by with ashes on their head, don't be alarmed. They didn't just put out a 4 alarm fire or fall in the dirt or wipe their mascara on their face.

Had an interesting weekend. Drinking with friends, drinking with family. Did not leave the house AT ALL yesterday. The hubby and I were laughing when we went to lock up to go to bed last night and realized that we never even unlocked the front door. It was a lazy Monday remembering our former presidents and wishing others were gone too...I made Chicken Parmesan for the first time in my life for dinner last night. It was YUMMY! If anyone is interested I used Bobby Flay's recipe. It was simple and deelish. Try it out if you're a fan of the chicken parm.

Anyway, back at work and so glad it's a short week. I am sick of working lately and I'm gonna blame it on the weather. It's supposed to go up to about 50 later this week and I've never been more excited to be less cold in my life, except for the fact that I'm fat and this just reminds me that it will be 80 degrees sooner than I think and then I'll have to suck my fat ass into a bathing suit! OY...the treadmill is calling.

Have a great day everyone...

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, February 20, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    I too will be dodging glares of 'what the heck is on your forehead' tomorrow. After I leave work ofcourse, cuz there we all look the same.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, February 20, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Thanks for the warning! My area is majority Baptist (still carrying around my Baptist guilt even though I don't associate anymore), so I probably wouldn't have a clue about Ash Wednesday! I'd hate to show my ignorance.

    And the parm sounds yummy. I want some now.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, February 20, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Chicken parmesan sounds yummy! I'm making sesame chicken tonight wanna come over?

    I love your label!

     
  • At 5:12 PM, February 20, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Mmmm...sesame chicken! I'll be right over. And really, the chicken parm that we made was so easy. I think everyone should try it! We had it over spaghetti and if you do happen to use the recipe we used, it makes a lot of sauce! Plenty for everyone - and we made 6 chicken breasts not 4 :O)

     
  • At 12:22 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    sounds yummy! my chicken parm always wows The Boy and makes me look like I know what I am doing when in reality its super easy to make!

    I wish I had a 3 day weekend! damn you! ;)

     
  • At 5:32 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    Happy belated Fat Tuesday or as me and mine call it Paczkis Day

     
  • At 10:32 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    & WHO doesn't love chicken parm?!

    In the book I'm currently reading...the mother wants to be cremated when she dies...then used as ashes for Catholics on Ash Wednesday...is that wrong to think that's funny?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home