The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, November 16, 2006

So I watched "House of Sand and Fog" yesterday and FUCK, I mean, I knew it was gonna be sad and all but I am so sick of being sad. I refuse to watch any more sad movies. For a while anyway. I mean, I can blame no one but myself. I've had this movie in my possession for months and just from the title I knew it wasn't gonna be a comedy but it was really depressing. Don't get me wrong, it was a great film. And yes, I know this is an old movie, I am making my way through my Blockbuster.com list of movies that I haven't seen...

So I was up until 1:30am and I only made 7 bags. I really need to step it up. I was hoping to have all of the fabric that I've cut up sewn and made into bags by Friday so it looks like I'll be up really late tonight. The Hubby and I are leaving for Florida on Saturday morning. My mom and step dad decided we should spend Thanksgiving there this year (we used to every year when my grandparents lived there but now my grandma lives back up here and my grandad is no longer living). Anyway I got my Spanish Grandma's recipe for Turkey and I can't wait to try it out. She is a damn good cook so I'll let you know how it turns out. As a mother of 11 and grandmother to many, many more I think you have to know how to cook, don't you?

Anyway, today is rainy and oddly warm out. Just need to get through today and tomorrow and it's off to Florida. Can you believe that next week is Thanksgiving? I feel like it came so quickly this year and it just doesn't even feel like the "holidays" to me...?

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home