The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, February 17, 2006

I am so glad it's Friday! I don't know what happened this week but it just didn't seem like a good one from any perspective. I'm thinking a lot of people are feeling the same way as there are about 5 of us here in my department out of the regular 15 or so. The Sweet One had such a shitty week at work that he took off today to sleep it off! I have been so unbelievably exhausted for no reason in particular. I went to the gym once this week! I do plan to go today when I get off work but that isn't making me feel too much better. I don't know if it's this time of year or what but I have been completely lazy these last two weeks and all I want to do is eat and sit my ass on the couch...It's not like it's been bitterly cold and we don't want to go outside. Yesterday was almost 70 degrees here (who said global warming was a bad thing?) and today is in the 60's. Do our bodies just know when it's "winter" no matter what the temperature is? Is it a hibernating/food storing mechanism that our bodies just put in place naturally? Whatever it is I'm over it. I hate feeling lazy, drained and as if I have a food baby making it's way into it's third trimester.

We went to meet with our photographer last night. He's a friend of the fam, lives in a very cool part of D.C. and has a great place. He has more cd's than I've ever seen in one place in my life. So, what started out as going to take a look at some of his photo albums and some of his other works turned into drinking very potent martini's and taking turns playing songs from his extensive collection. I can tell the wedding is gonna be fun! With "vendors" like that how could it not be?

I think tonight will be a make dinner at home, low key one. TSO and I are lucky enough to be off on Monday for Prez Day so we plan to relax and hopefully get some energy back before next Tuesday. It's got to be a better week than this one was...

Tomorrow a bunch of my girlfriends have organized a bar crawl in DC starting at 3pm. I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it that early but perhaps I'll join them later when they are sufficiently sauced. On Sunday we plan to head to one of our favorite places, Chi Cha Lounge, for a friend's Birthday. I'm looking very forward to it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home