The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

No HNT here...

*Sorry, I forgot about HNT and am really just not in the mood today, sorry...I'll make it up to everyone next week, I promise.

According to David Letterman yesterday was officially (studies done) the most depressing day of the year for most people...

So our place was taken. The woman who runs the show gave the first hold a 24 hour time limit to decide if they really wanted the place and apparently they (some pharmaceutical company...bastards) sent their CEO over to sign a contract because apparently they "loved the place"...well, duh!

I was sad. I even cried for a brief moment (okay it was like 5). Sue me...I had a small meltdown. Then, I composed myself, with the help of the Sweet One, who might I say lives up to his name more and more each day! Yes, I am a total sap these days. Then we moved on. We decided that perhaps we need to change the date because everywhere we've tried or have had any interest in has been taken the weekend we want and it doesn't make sense to go back and ask all the same places about the same date again. So, now we're opening ourselves up to dates in August, September and October and we're hoping that makes things easier. I've called some of our other top places to see what they've got and we're still keeping some hope alive for this one place that we really love and we'll see what happens. It's gonna be all good, as soon as we secure a spot!

On a funner note (yes I said 'funner' !), I blew off the gym last night to go shopping. A little retail therapy if you will. I got two great pairs of "skinny" jeans - the ladies know what those are - two sweaters, three pairs of socks and three pairs of undees for $97! Yayyy Sales!! AND I had a $100 gift card for the mall so it didn't cost me a penny! I pretty much hate shopping unless I'm alone and I usually go with a purpose. It feels good when you get what you went for. I can't wait to spend the rest of my X-mas gift cards!!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Well, now that you have some other date options, call that lady back and tell her you're flexible. Maybe they'll work with you. HURRY!! Call back. :)

    Awesome about going shopping. I have a Target gift card that I would like to use soon. It's worth 20, so it will probably only "help" me buy something.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm partial to August myself. CCB and I tied the know on August 20. One week after his birthday. He has no excuse to forget it!

    ROCK ON with the sales lady! Well done! I love getting a good deal I like to brag about it to my husband when I'm done!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peachy - the Sweet One is on it! He has the woman checking 3 other dates now so hopefully we're all good and to be honest, I don't care. Really...I know it's all gonna work out.

    OGO - Don't you just LOVE bragging about sales? What is it that makes it so much more fun? I can't help but tell everyone how much everything cost when I find a killer sale!

     
  • At 12:08 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Awww, sorry you didn't get the place, but I'm glad you're opening up the date options. I hope get exactly what you want! The sales sound luscious. I SO need to shop.

     
  • At 1:53 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger HS said…

    Oh, I totally hear you about shopping therapy! I do that whenever I'm having 'a moment'.

    And good on ya for getting those skinny jeans! One day I hope to own 'a' pair of jeans...I've never worn jeans in my life because my legs are too large and short and my butt is too...uh...'there'.

    Good luck on finding a place! Everything will work itself out hun! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home