The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

So, I went wedding dress shopping with my mom yesterday. It only started out that I wanted to punch her in the gullet, then it got better. We had a good day. Tried on some really lovely dresses and saw price tags that ranged from reasonable to $5,000! Can you believe that? We even found ourselves at Sandy from the Apprentice's shop (by accident). But it was a very cool shop and she is very nice and much prettier in person. They had some really nice gowns.

Every day I feel beat up by the whole wedding planning process. Even the Sweet One is starting to feel the pressure and is getting physically ill over all of it. It's making me so sad. Is it worth these feelings? Why are weddings so damned expensive? We want to have a wedding, and we want to do it our way but it seems our families are bi-polar when it comes to the subject. One minute they are all for our plans, the next minute they are telling us how stupid our ideas are. It's really tough.

Anyway, I'm hoping this is a good week. It's getting fucking brutally cold outside and if you can't tell by my language, I HATE THE COLD! I often wonder why the hell I live somewhere where it gets this cold. I guess it could be worse. I could live further north and then kill myself when winter came...Here's to living in the Caribbean, hurricanes and all (I mean the drinks...he he)

Hope everyone is having a good, stress free day!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    That's neat that you stopped in Sandy's shop and she was actually there.

    Did you see the perfect dress?

    Sorry you feel so pressured.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peachy, I didn't find the perfect dress but I did see some that I really liked. I just can't justify, nor would I ever want to, spending over $500 - 1,000 on a dress that you wear for approximately 8 hours once in your life you know? I didn't think I would feel this pressured either but who the hell knows how to plan a wedding until you do it? Oh well, we'll get through it, then we'll move to California so we can get far away from our families. ha ha

     
  • At 1:05 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Awwww, I wish you were both feeling better about the planning. And tell both your families to shut the fuck up or you're eloping. That should take care of things!

    Hugs!

     
  • At 8:59 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger ago-go said…

    can you pay for the whole thing? that way you can have everything your way....as it should be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home