The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, January 27, 2006

I gots skilzzz

Yeah, that's right. I have been asked to stand in for someone for a flip cup tournament this weekend. I started playing flip cup in college, mainly at late nights in fraternity houses. You could say I was a ringer...I could play the sweet, innocent girl role but then start the flip cupping and it was on! My parents don't know this, but I actually graduated with a major in art studio and a minor in flip cuppery! Some of you didn't even know about this underground program did you? When we have parties at my house we set up the flip cup table in it's own little spot in the basement, strategically placed right next to the beer fridge (I've been professionally trained people, don't be jealous). It has resulted in some of the best of times and well, some of the best of times. Everyone loves flip cup!

This is a shot of the flip cup table at the last Halloween Party -
Someone came as Kate Moss so don't get any ideas...we weren't having THAT kind of fun!

This weekend I'm going to try on my dress with my girl friends. I won't say anymore about it though b/c I feel the sweet one lurking and I don't want him to get any hints about the bright pink wedding gown I plan to wear...I mean...

We plan to go drinking at one of our favorite holes tonight as a last hurrah of sorts. This place is closing it's doors to renovate. In the process of renovation they plan to turn the joint into a high class, $50 - 100 bottles of wine, $200 two top tables kind of place. Well I say fuck em! Thanks for showing us what type of patronage you appreciate. Once they re-open we'll never go back but it was fun while it lasted. Lots and lots of imported and domestic beer choices, great drinks, wonderful signature martinis, great, great, great bar food, killer raw bar, great staff aaaaannnd...SCENE!

I need to go pretend to work now. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I plan to!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home