The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, January 02, 2006

I am so tired my nose hairs hurt.

We had a great New Year's Eve with some of our most fun friends and even added a little family in there. We ate Maryland crabs that were so damn good I wish I had some now, then we got ready and pre-partied at a friend's beach house. We met up with the fam at a pub that we love, toasted the new year then headed to this lame ass club type place. Thankfully there was a $20 cover AFTER MIDNIGHT! (those assholes)...but this made it so that we didn't go in b/c we refused to pay a $20 cover for nothing but getting in the door. It didn't include alcohol, food, nuttin! And honestly, the Sweet One and I were hoping not to go anyway because it's always such a scene at this place. So, we left and went to another friend's beach house where we proceeded to revert to our 15 year old selves.

We stopped at 7-11 to get the junkiest of junk food to munch on at the casa. The guys shotgunned beers, we played drinking games like 'circle of death', we teased each other and we laughed until we cried. After being heckled for leaving early and being little bitches, we headed home at about 3:30am - boys are such children some times. I think my eyes were closed before we got in the car. God bless designated drivers...

Got up today and headed to the parents house on the way back from the beach for a big ole football party where the Washington Redskins beat the Philadelphia Eagles. Halleluya! We're going to the playoffs baby. It was a great day. I am hoping this week is just as good. I am kind of getting nervous though because the reality of having to plan a wedding is starting to set in and ummm, I'm scared! I know that sounds kind of lame. I am good at party planning, I mean, not to toot my own horn but I throw some of the best damn parties in town. It's just a skill I have. TOOT TOOT! However, when I think about the wedding I get kind of sick to my stomach, I get all sweaty, my head hurts...I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed. Okay enough of that...

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a safe and fun NYE!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, January 02, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I was definitely getting nervous watching the 'Skins game yesterday, but they pulled it out. Good luck next week.

    Do you have those timeline wedding books? I'm sure that will help you break everything down.

    I used to love Circle of Death. That's a blast from the past. HA!!HA!!

     
  • At 5:07 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Gary said…

    I remember that's how I felt about my wedding. But just remind yourself how much your going to enjoy looking back on it and you'll be fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home