The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, December 23, 2005

Okay...so I'm feeling a lot better today. I don't have everything done yet but I don't care. It'll get done. And thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement everyone!

We had a kind of impromptu engagement party last night with all of our friends. Well, most of them anyway. It was so much fun. The Sweet One's...hmmm I guess I can call him the Fiance...nah, that's gay...The Sweet One's roomies set the whole thing up. I have to admit I was pretty impressed! We went to this total dive bar that we love called the Big Hunt in Dupont Circle. They have like a million different beers on tap. We noshed on chili cheese fries and chicken fingers and drank beer and lot and lots and way too many shots! (my 5 hours of sleep is starting to catch up to me now!)

No offense to anyone but I'm not big on engagement parties as a whole. I mean, I'm all for getting pressies but there are so many damn parties and showers and expenses for guests and participants in a wedding that I feel an engagement party is just overkill. This one was done right. There was drunken debauchery, there were lots of ridiculous pictures taken on the camera (I think my boobs made an appearance!) and we even managed to get two of our friends layed!! Don't ever say we aren't good friends to have!

It was amazing to see how genuinely excited our friends were for us. It just reconfirms the fact that this is just so right...I know I'm sounding so mushy and gross but it really is people! Although now we have to live vicariously through the happy, free unmarrieds! That's alright. I never wanted to hook up with another random guy again anyway...not that I EVER did that (adjusting halo over my head)

SO...with that, I hope that everyone has a fabulous Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, Festivus, whatever the hell it is you celebrate. I hope that you are all surrounded by your favorite people and that above all you are happy! Merry Christmas!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:18 PM, December 23, 2005, Blogger Osbasso said…

    Well, hell--I run off for Nashville, and I'm outta the loop! Congrats on the engagement!! I hope you have a long and wonderful life together!

    And a very Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, December 23, 2005, Blogger ago-go said…

    have a wonderful holiday B! don't get sucked into the wedding-planning madness...and i'm still waiting for more pics of the ring please! hugs.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, December 24, 2005, Blogger Calvin said…

    congrats once again on the engagement, and have a very Happy Holiday season!

    NB: glad the 'Skins whupped the Giants!!

     
  • At 8:25 PM, December 24, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    Ditto to what S! said. How 'bout those Skins. I have to root for someone. :) The Chiefs did knock the Chargers out of playoff hopes, so I'm happy about that too.

    Anyway, glad the party was fun. Sounds like your type of evening. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, December 26, 2005, Blogger Andi said…

    I normally have a violent physical reaction to anything engagement party or shower-related, but this one sounds fantastic!!! Debauchery I can handle.

     
  • At 12:40 AM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad you had such a great time!

    Have a Merry Christmas and the best New Year yet!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, December 28, 2005, Blogger HS said…

    Congradulations hunny! I'll be one of those unweds who has to live vicariously through you :)

    Hope the holidays went well for you, I'm going to Minneapolis for new years eve (going to see an NHL and an NFL game) so I'm pretty pumped!

    Have a great new years!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home