The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tis the Season...

to get wasted with your friends on a Tuesday night...oh wait...that happens regularly so nevermind that last sentence.

Went out with some peeps last nigh. We met at the Mayflower Hotel for some drinks, mainly martini's. Who knew they had a book full of maybe 100 different martinis? It was fabulous.

There's something to be said about Christmas in the city. Now, I know this isn't Manhattan or London or whatever fancy pants city you're in, but Washington, D.C. is really quite beautiful this time of year, if not butt ass cold. The store fronts are decorated, the beautiful Christmas tree is all lit up on the Capital and White House lawns, the hotels and office buildings are all lit up and it just makes you feel good and gets you in the spirit. Or at least gets you in the mood to take in some spirits!

Anyway, I stayed at the Mayflower a lot longer and a few too many martini's then I planned. I will however recommend the Bellini-tini and the Lychee-tini if you're ever in the hood...We then somehow ventured over to the Wonderland Ballroom to meet some other friends. And, because the only thing I had for dinner was the 4 olives in my martini and a lychee fruit I ended up ordering one of their famous chili cheese footlong hot dogs! That's right...and it was fucking phenomenal (I'll be in the gym this evening, after I shake the delayed hangover I know I'll get around 10am)! I did share it. There's kind of something erotic about shoving a footlong in other people's mouths. I guess I couldn't have looked to saintly myself but whatever. I think it was the greatest tasting thing I've ever had, OR I was wasted and starving...

Anyway, only three more work days and I'm hoping they fly by. I have so much damn work to do before this week is out and that is the last thing I feel like doing. It's the week before Christmas. Time to eat, drink, play, not do any work!!! I hope everyone is doing well, doing no work and has all of their silly shopping done! Merry Whatever you celebrate...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home