The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday...bleh

We had a family party at The Sweet One's parent's house yesterday. I am fairly allergic to their cat, damn thing, and generally it takes me about an hour to start getting the symptoms. Yesterday for some reason my reaction was almost simultaneous with walking in the front door. I started getting hives. Then the eyes began itching and watering. Then the nose was clogged up and drippy all at the same time. It was really fun, and attractive.

SO - the Sweet One's brother suggested I take this allergy pill that he had. He said that it was great and worked so fast. So, being against drugs the way that I am, I took it immediately. He was right. My eyes were instantly clear. No more hives and in a little while longer I could kind of breathe again. It was a miracle.

I started feeling a little sleepy but I just chalked that up to the Tecate's I had been drinking and a full belly. I think I was asleep on my feet by 10pm and physically by about 11pm. I don't know what it was I took or what the hell was in it but by 9am I STILL could not get out of bed this morning!!! It is currently 1:46pm and I am still feeling like I drank a bottle of Nyquil. My head is cloudy, my body feels heavy and the coffee I drank is making me feel like a wide awake narcoleptic. The fact that I brought a bag of clothes so that I can go to the gym after work is so laughable to me right now. Partially because I am feeling a little giddy and partially because my legs feel like jell-o and that would just be comedic if I were to get on the treadmill! HA

Okay, I think I am going a little crazy. I can't really hear very well, it's all kind of muted. Hopefully I'll feel back to normal tomorrow...? Drugs are bad mmmkay...

5 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    Have you seen Hitch? Check it out if you haven't. Wil Smith is allergic to shellfish or shrimp or something and he's on a date. It's a funny part.

    Maybe throw some Benadryl in your bag for the next time, but it will make you loopy also. Hope you feel better tonight.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Andi said…

    My allergies have been ultra-sensitive lately for some reason. I have three dogs, and am mildly allergic to dogs, but for the last day and a half it's felt like I have a whole fuzzy puppy jammed up in my head. How's that for a visual?

     
  • At 11:57 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger ago-go said…

    you must ask what he gave you...i want some!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Richard A said…

    There IS OTC Benydryl.
    One good reason not to take others' Rx Meds is because you may have a unique individual reaction to them -- you might be allergic to the allergy pill, heehee!

    BTW, GREAT game on Sunday, eh? ;-)

     
  • At 11:19 AM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Calvin said…

    whoa! that is one helluva pill!! i think it's my turn battling with the damned bird flu.. the rum and milk is helping me sleeeeep at night! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home