The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Yesterday was a complete show at work. I had a ton to do and not a minute to play, what the hell's up with that? I did however get taken to the Capitol's vs. Lightening game last night by a media company that we work closely with. We had a fatty suite and the caps won in a shoot out! I've never seen a shoot out live so that was fun!!

So, the Sweet One and I are going to New Yawk city on Saturday to look at all the tall bildins and spend some more money that we don't have. Unfortunately we can't get up there until Saturday night because I have a booth at a craft show earlier that day. Now, personally I think that craft shows are lame and boring, BUT they are a necessary evil if I want to sell the types of things that I make. They appeal to the "craft show crowd" if you know what I mean. But the thought of sitting in a church hall with 80 year old women from 8am - 3pm on a Saturday is killing me...I'll just bring some booze and no one will be the wiser!! That is how I get through these things. Sad but true!

So Saturday night we will be hitting the town with some friends that live in the city and then Sunday night the Sweet One is going to some punk concert and I will be, well...probably drinking or shopping. Two of the best things to do in New York City, oh and eating. I can do that too! I'm taking a butt as early train home on Monday morning to get to work by about 11am...ha ha. It's gonna be a great Thanksgiving week. Short and sweet.

Anyway, to further emphasize my dorkiness I am taking off work early on Friday to go see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. That's right bitches. I love Harry Potter. Deal with it! Okay, that's all I got for today. Now I must work to earn my keep...

5 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Oh great One said…

    What sort of things do you make?

     
  • At 4:08 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    I paint mirrors, toy chests, piggie banks, make purses. Mostly children's things/gifts. I have a web site that is kind of still in the process of being completed but you're welcome to look at it:
    www.BeeFunky.net

     
  • At 7:57 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger wopanese said…

    Do you actually ever stay home for longer than a week at a time? You two are ALWAYS on the go. I mean, that's awesome, but damn. You sometimes sound like you need a vacation from your vacations!

    Well, have a blast in New York - should be pretty easy to do!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Wop, you are so funny but you kind of sound like my mom! Hey, we gotta get this all out of our systems before we're married with children and really broke. Or we can just continue this way and feed our kids ketchup packets for dinner...

    We like to travel, we definitely have a blast everywhere we go, but you're right, sometimes even I feel as though I need a break!

     
  • At 9:00 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    NY has the best eating, drinking and shopping. You are so lucky. I'll be on Long Island for Thanksgiving, but I love walking the streets in Manhattan.

    Have a great time. Drinking at the church hall with the Q tip heads made me laugh. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home