The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Happy Hourzzzz

Went to happy hour with the work folks last night and it turned into happy hours and hours and hours...we were a MESS! and I feel like total shite today! I snoozed from 8am - 9:30am this morning and then made myself get up.

Now my team at work are all very creative and talented people. We do good things together but our old manager was a total bitch who used to play us against each other. She was fired about 5 months or so ago (I'm still smiling and celebrating!) and it was the best thing that has ever happened to this place. My team is just that now...a TEAM. Everyone gets along. Everyone works well together, respects each other and truly, genuinely likes one another. I never thought I would see this day. I work with some really cool people and last night really brought the freak out in everyone!!

We started happy hour at a place called Buffalo Billiards in Dupont Circle (for those familiar with D.C.). Our boss, the frat boy we like to call him, started by telling everyone that it's much wiser to just order doubles so that you don't have to keep ordering drinks as often...uh oh! That's all we needed to hear. The doubles were flowing let me tell you...There was lots of pool, drinking, talking...then our big boss, our bosses boss shows up out of nowhere with a tray full of shots! That's when I knew the night was gonna get ugly...and the fact that we totally spaced on ordering any food so we were getting trashed.

We hung out there pretty late then some of us went over to a bar called Cafe Citron. Salsa music, lots of horny latin men, and of course very sexy ladies! We were dancing while standing on our booth seats...that's just what you do there...you dance wherever you are! It was getting very ugly...I don't remember all the details (he he he) but I know there were a few tequila shots involved - uggh, just typing that is making my mouth water like I'm gonna hurl! Anyway, two co-workers went home together!!! One was making out with some random dude, another was fighting them off like a warrior, and another took some random guy home with her...I think. This was about 2:30am (we started at 6pm!) they were going to get food and at that point if I would have eaten I would have definitely puked, although today I am wishing I would have eaten something so my head wasn't pounding so badly! Anyway, it was a good night. Now get me some french fries!!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home