The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, October 03, 2005

Well, I have to admit that I had a pretty pathetic existence this weekend and this post is bound to put you all to sleep so if you're getting ready for a nap or beddie bye tonight enjoy...

I am still not quite sure how I managed to get up and work out on Friday morning (mind you I was falling asleep on the bike) and then show up to work! I still feel like it was all a bad, bad dream. I went home by about 4pm and crashed. I don't know that I've ever felt so bad in my life. I could literally not get my lead head off the pillow. The Sweet One, living up to his name, came over, fetched me tissues, drugs and hot tea then went about his Friday night plans. When the Claritin finally kicked in and I could lift my head again I got up and cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen! I knew I was really sick then!!

Saturday was so much better. I could breathe, I was happy and I think I was still a little drugged. My head was definitely in the clouds but the Mimosas at the Maryland game made it all better. It was a beautiful day and the Terps beat the the Cavaliers 45 - 33 so it was all good. I planned to go out on Saturday night. I even had a few great offers from the girls but I just couldn't do it. My body was screaming at me to stay home and thank god I listened...

Sunday was another day filled with football and tailgating. The weather was gorgeous. The meds were pumping through my blood and the bloody mary's and mimosas were adding to my welcome high! The Skins pulled it out with a 20 - 17 win over the Seahwaks in overtime. We continued with a long stretch of post game tailgating and then the long and sleepy drive home. I got to drive two very sleepy, very loudly snoring men home and I felt the alcohol and the medication wearing off with every mile. It wasn't a good feeling. I got home, fell asleep on the couch and awoke just in time to watch Desperate Housewives. I have to admit, I may be giving that show up. It's kind of lame really...the story line isn't really pulling me in and the little "mysteries" that had me hooked last season are just not there this time around. All in all the show is really just kind of dumb...

Anyway, I'm at work today. Back to the grind. I should have stayed home and slept off the last bit of this damn cold but I thought it would be better to come in and share my phlegmy cough with everyone. YUM!

Thank you all for wishing my snotty ass well! It meant a lot. I thought of you all with each blow of the nose. NOW...back to business. I'll be catching up on all of you this week. I've missed you guys...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home