The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, September 30, 2005

i have a new trick...

If I lean my head forward too far, which keeps happening because I think someone stuck a lead weight in my forhead while I slept, snot comes running out of my nose like a little river! Isn't that nice?

Now I will die please...

did I mention that I'm at work? yeah, I'm an idiot! If I would have gotten all of my work done earlier I could be home but noooo! I suck. I have a ton of shit to get done before I can comfortably go home but it's all gonna suck because you can't do good work with an elephant sitting on your head! I don't know if I've mentioned that I work for a television network before but I do, and I write some things that go on air. I would love to tell you all where I work so you could tune in to hear some of the hilarity because whatever I write today should not end up on air...but it will!

Okay I'm done. Being sick on the weekend SUCKS! I must fight through it. I must drink this cold away! there are too many football games to attend this weekend....

12 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Chick said…

    Oh Bee...feel better...get you funky back!

    You write for TV?...now that is truly a cool job.

    Horray for football.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Chick said…

    I'm an idiot...I spelled hooray wrong...duh...

    Good luck with all that snot.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger (S)wine said…

    ahahaha! isn't working in Television great?! (sarcasm dripping all off 'a that)

    I once directed Meet The Press with such a horrible hangover, that I kept calling Tim (in his IFB) Jim. Fack!

    Get well. Also...I wrote my best stuff for NPR while hungover/sick. Let the bastards eat it.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger wopanese said…

    thera-flu
    thera-flu
    thera-flu

    Wish I had a job like yours! They let you work with an elephant AND a lead weight on your head? Too much fun!

     
  • At 2:54 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    That is so cool. I wish I lived closer to DC to get their news. I was thinking about the Redskins game. Bundle up and have fun! I'll be thinking about you.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger wopanese said…

    oh, and I hope you feel better soon. Lots of juice. If you MUST drink alcohol, I would suggest perhaps.. screwdrivers. OJ is good for you when you're sick.

    ahh, FOOKGK - sounds like I'm cussing at a nerd...

     
  • At 3:36 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    you guys are so nice to me. I wish you were all here to tuck me in! ha ha

    I hope I write my best stuff when I'm sick! I need all the help I can get. i am moving VERY slow!!

    they ARE pretty laid back here. Elephants, weights, snot, ice cream cake (just had some in the kitchen!) don't they say "feed a cold"? or is that DRINK a cold?

    Wop - I like mimosa's better so I'll have them and then vodka just on it's own!!

    By the way, if I had to write for meet the press, or some other "smart" network I would have been fired long ago. I admire you Lx!!

    Peachy - If you lived closer to DC you could be a Skins fan too and come to the games with me ;O)

    lclqfryw = how I feel!!! WTF?
    I loved your WV Wop!

     
  • At 5:25 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm so sorry you don't feel well. It sucks to have to keep plugging away when you feel like crap!

    I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 10:37 AM, October 01, 2005, Blogger Richard A said…

    Get Well, Bee!
    Sorry I've gotten so busy I haven't found those "pirates gear" sites for you, yet.
    BTW, sounds like you have a great job in creative writing. How does a fellow writer find such jobs?

     
  • At 12:44 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger Calvin said…

    get well soon! :-)

     
  • At 5:29 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger aughra said…

    I hope you feel better soon, snotty.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    That is so funny about the snot. Sorry for laughing at your misery but you have a way with words.

    Get better FB x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home