The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, March 22, 2010

Well....the deal is done! I am officially laid off...again! And I'm not sad about it. I'm actually very, very happy! This is a blessing in disguise, or maybe just a flat out blessing. I can't wait until my last day, my short severance, and most importantly, the summer home with my boy!!!

I am going to have the best summer ever. My son will be walking and talking this summer and I'm going to get to experience it, not just hear about it from someone else! We're going to go to the beach and the pool. We're going to take lots of walks with the pooch and just seriously have an amazing summer!

I am lucky enough to have a husband that is okay with this. He is truly the best man in the world. I know things will be a little bit tighter when it comes to money but we can do it. I know we can make this work and I have all the faith in the world that this is the best choice for all of us. Life is good, and it's only getting better.

Here's to no more bosses, no more work, no more employee's dirty looks! HA. Bye Bye jerks...

Yayy! I hope everyone else is doing well. I'm coming to check on you all...more often now for sure!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, March 22, 2010, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm thrilled for ya!!! I know you will have a wonderful, relaxing, rejuvenating time. So SO happy for you!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, March 22, 2010, Blogger Chick said…

    Yay...I'm glad to hear this will work out so well for all of you!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, March 22, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can honestly say that as tough financially as the past year has been (amongst other things), I would rather have lived this year this way than been in my last goddeawful job!!!

     
  • At 2:25 PM, March 22, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crap, forgot to ask ... how's this going to affect the remodel?

     
  • At 8:21 PM, March 22, 2010, Blogger Sassy said…

    YAY!! That is great news!! I love having my summers off with Mason. You get to "live" so much more!
    So exciting.
    Sometimes life has a funny way of giving you just what you need!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, March 23, 2010, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    I am very scared and excited everyone. Thanks for being happy with me!!

    DK - I agree. I really think that life just works out the way it's supposed to, most of the time! If only money wasn't the important thing, huh? About the reno - we are still going through with it and it is hopefully happening very soon. I'm hoping this time off will let me concentrate on getting the house in order. Now, as long as the bank doesn't find out, we should be okay. Money wise I think we can make it work but on paper it doesn't always appear that way, you know? Thanks for asking.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, April 03, 2010, Blogger Oh great One said…

    YAY! Being a stay at home mom I can tell you that it will be very hard to go back to work after you've been able to be with your boy all the time! Things have a way of working out. You'll find that while you don't have as much money coming in you will save money on things like lunches and fuel etc...I hope you enjoy your summer! I will look forward to lots of pictures of your adventures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home