The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well, this picture kind of sums up the weekend. Okay, not really but between 4 people we ate about 12 pounds of crawfish in two days...We only stopped because we had to.









Thursday was fun. We got to hang with everyone that was getting into town that night. Friday was gorgeous, after the 8:30am parade. The weather was just perfect and the Sweet One and I walked around the city for most of the day. One of our best friends got in later in the afternoon and we met up and started the food fest. We had too many pitchers of Abita to count, raw and char grilled oysters and of course, a ton of craw fish!


















That evening there was a party for all of the out of town guests and family. In true N'awlins fashion there was a great band playing and wonderful crawfish etouffe and red beans and rice. And plenty of booze to keep the guests happy.

After the party we all headed out to continue drinking and hanging out. This is when my days get a little blurred together but I'm told that I had the brilliant idea to go to a strip club. Yikes! I think it was about 4am at this point and believe me, you could tell by the quality of the dancers. It was kind of embarrassing but I did feel boobies. I'm not necessarily proud of this but it was quite funny.



Saturday was another perfect day. We walked around and shopped and then went back to eating. We were supposed to be at the church for a 3:30pm ceremony but were still drinking beer and eating crawfish at 2:45! Needless to say I couldn't shower and ended up putting my make up on in the taxi on the way to the church. I looked wonderful...Oy! The pictures of me are so horrid. I should have touched up at some point but I was merely hanging on with each drink I had.







The wedding was amazing. The weather was perfect. The Bride looked stunning. The band was one of the best I've heard and we partied the night away. And continued at a bar with the whole wedding party in tow the rest of the evening. This was the straw people...

Sunday it was difficult to get out of bed. I don't know what time check out was at the hotel but I'm certain we missed it. I would still be laying in that bed right now if we didn't have a 4pm plane to catch!

Yesterday was very difficult to function at work. I needed a plate of crawfish, a beer and a bed to get through the day.















I truly love New Orleans, and when I say that and describe our antics over the weekend I don't only mean the silly things like the French Quarter and partying until the wee hours of the morning. The city is truly beautiful. I love uptown and Metarie and lots of other things about the city as well. The art work and the architecture inspire me and every time we have to leave I want to cry because I'd much rather stay. AND, as much as the quarter is "back on it's feet" and looks as though it was never touched, that city still needs our help. Go there. Spend money there. Remember that some people are still in need and some are still displaced...

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    your liver may need some tlc here in the next few days.

    it sounds fantastic!!!! gald you had a blast! I love NO as well... must visit soon!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad you had a good time. I'm just sad I didn't get to see you. You know, if you love it so much.....*wink wink*

     
  • At 3:37 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Cold Hands - the liver is in disrepair...we'll see what happens :O)

    OGO - believe me when I say, I could live there in a heartbeat. My husbands job probably would not allow it and I'm almost certain our families would tie us down to a concrete pillar before they even considered letting us go. A VERY smart man in NO once told me, "if you ever go barefoot in New Orleans, you'll never be home until you come back" well, I had my shoes off all weekend ;O)

     
  • At 8:51 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    That is a LOT of food! Looks like you had a great time!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    How's the detox going?
    Any pictures of the boobie grab?!
    I kid.
    Kind of.

    Looks like you had a great time. It's high on my list of places to see!

     
  • At 3:12 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Calvin said…

    wow.. our pics look so similar! of course, we were there at the same time too! damn, if only i'd known!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home