The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, March 09, 2007

Only In New Orleans

Well, it's 9:35 am and I'm on vacation, drank last night and should still be asleep, but I'm not and honestly I can't believe I'm blogging...

We were supposed to leave around 7pm last night and get here close to 9pm. We ended up sitting on our airplane waiting for fuel for over an hour and a half and I was pissed and hungry. But, I weaseled two free drinks out of it. Gay flight attendants love me! Anyway, it was probably a blessing in disguise because we drank too much as it is and if we had gotten here any earlier it just would have been messy. I knew I should have had a little chat with my liver before we came...Anyway, we checked into our hotel once here, changed our shoes and off to Bourbon to meet up with our friends. We hung out until 3am when I said, "holy shit, it's 3am" then we came back and crashed.

This morning...I'm having a dream. I hear music in my dream. "R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me...." What a weird dream I'm having. It's fading...next song, louder this time...Run Around Sue. BOOM! I'm awake. It sounds like the streets are filled with tons and tons of people and I look at the clock and it's 8:50AM!!!! What the hell? There is a parade or some kind of festival going on outside my window, on a Friday at 8:50AM. The music by now is blaring. I know they have parties and parades for just about anything and everything down here but what was this one for? It's the "Woo Hoo it's Friday" Parade, let's go.

I tried my hardest to go back to sleep. I'm on vacation for Christ's sake but it wasn't happening. So, I took a shower and wouldn't you know it, when I got out the hubby is fast asleep and it seems that our lovely little "parade" or whatever it was, is gone. And that my friends is why I am currently stealing internet access from "Flannagan's Pub" and writing to you.

I hope Everyone is having a wonderful Friday. I hope you woke up to much quieter music than I did and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    You should find out what your little parade was all about. I'd love to know! I'm surprised you are blogging as well! I just thought I'd check in for the heck of it and here you were!

    Have fun!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    See, that's the crap that happens to me on vacation. Loud, early parades. I hope they keep it down (in the mornings) for the rest of your vacation.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    My friends are moving back to New Orlean's this June after coming her to Austin after Katrina.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger peachy said…

    Don't you just love New Orleans? They are the only city that would have a parade on Friday morning. Let the good times roll! Have a great time.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger peachy said…

    Don't you just love New Orleans? They are the only city that would have a parade on Friday morning. Let the good times roll! Have a great time.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, March 10, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Nope..I woke to screaming birds. I'd prefer the parade.

    Glad you're having fun. Don't worry livers are pretty resilient. Continue partying!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, March 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i seriously hate it when i want to sleep and can't i hate it bad. sorry you got woke up and that you keep having FUN :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home