The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Weekend...

Lots of eating, drinking and movies this weekend...

Friday night a friend and I went to see Black Snake Moan. We went in with low to no expectations. I'm really glad because I ended up enjoying it. It's hard for me to recommend this movie though because I hate when people tell me that a movie is great, I go to see it and then it sucks. SO, if you see it, don't expect much and perhaps you'll enjoy it as much as I did. One thing is for sure, I will be promptly purchasing the soundtrack!

Saturday the Hubby and I went to his parents house for brunch. It was so freakin good. Saturday night about 15 of us got together for dinner because one of our favorite friends was visiting from Pittsburgh. As you might imagine it was rowdy, loud and tons of fun. We ended up out drinking until about 4am and I can honestly say I've seen my husband that intoxicated maybe once before in all of our time together. He was a mess and it was hilarious! Glad I was the driver that night...

Sunday afternoon my husband surprised me with, and I'm embarrassed as a self proclaimed foodie to admit this, our first trip out for dim sum. It was fabulous! Everything was so yummy and it was a lot of fun. It really pushes you to try things that you otherwise would not. The dishes were beautiful and the flavors were top notch! We will for sure be going back with all of our friends.

Later on Sunday we met my parents, sisters and a friend of ours to see Pan's Labyrinth and all I can say is that YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE. It deserved every award it won and then some. I was a little confused before we went in as to why it was rated R, but once we were into the film it was evident. So with that said, don't take your kids to see this movie. It may be steeped in fantasy and fairy tales but it is, without a doubt, an adult film.

I don't even know where to start with this movie. I don't think I have the words. I enjoyed everything about it. The acting was superb. The scenery was amazing. The characters, good and bad, were fantastic. It is just really worth seeing. This movie I highly, highly recommend.

After the movie we decided it was time to eat again because, well, it had been about 5 minutes since our last meal. We had an amazing Thai meal and I am honestly salivating thinking of the explosion of flavors and spices that we experienced. I have always loved Thai food but this meal was just one of the best I've had. From the lemon grass to the peanut sauces, the fresh basil and oddly, since I am not a huge curry fan, the yellow curry which I am now officially addicted to. I might have to eat that again this week. Oy, I should have given up food for lent.

So, really, all I did this weekend was eat and watch movies. I have to admit, it wasn't a bad way to spend a weekend. I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend as well and that I haven't completely bored you to tears reading about mine.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    I've never been out for dim sum, either! I think it's time to take the step and try it.

    *phoning a friend as we speak*

     
  • At 2:20 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I think that sounds like a fabulous weekend! I love to try new things too. It's hard to do with picky eaters in the house.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    Sounds like a great weekend!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Reel Fanatic said…

    I'm definitely with you on Pan's Labyrinth .. the care with which del Toro constructed both Ofelia's fantasy world and the real-world hell she was trying so desperately to escape was amazing

     
  • At 6:13 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    I haven't had Dim Sum either :(

    I'm sooo wanting to see Pan's Labyrinth!! I've heard so many good things about it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home