The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, January 09, 2006

It was a great weekend! The Redskins beat the Buck's in one of the ugliest games I've seen in a while. But, a win's a win. Now...next weekend is gonna be a tough one. If only we can get some offensive game we'll be good to go. On another happy note the Giants were shut out. See how it feels New York? Okay, I'm being a brat.

Saturday night I went out with the girls to a bar called Alero on 13th and U street's in D.C. It was fun and I got away with not paying for anything. I'm still not quite sure how...My friend Tracy bought me a drink then some REALLY annoying guy who told me that he worked for C-Span and was the youngest and best executive producer for abc news in San Francisco for the last ten years bought me a drink, actually 2 but that was by accident. I drank them both tho. Talking to him was so like getting hot pokers stuck in my eyes. I hate those types. I'm not impressed dude...move along, OR buy me a drink, then move along. Then some guy added my drink to his tab. Hmmm, sounds right now that it's down on paper.

We ended up meeting up with a friend of mine from high school and a bunch of his guy friends and low and behold almost every one of my girlfriends gave out the digits that night, to multiple men I might add! I was pleased with myself. It always feels good to get your friends laid, or even just the potential!!

I am currently freaking out about the damn wedding. I so don't want to plan this thing. I am kind of feeling on the verge of crying every time I think about it. I KNOW it's gonna be a blast, I mean, with our friends and family that like to drink and party it's got no direction to take but a good one, but, the last person I talked to at a venue I was interested in said "well, you should really come in and look soon, I mean, September of this year is really a popular time and it's booking up fast". Thanks bitch, because planning a wedding isn't stressful enough without some jerk telling me that I am running out of time. Who would have thought that planning a wedding in 9 months is not as good as planning it in 15 months? It's just so rediculous. I also just talked to a guy who is trying to sell me on a Friday or Sunday wedding b/c they are cheaper (duh!) and possibly even doing a brunch! WTF? Are you crazy? You can't get drunk off of martini's and dance your face off, hook up with another wedding guest and makeout in the corner at 12:30 in the afternoon! It's just not as fun that way.

Okay, I'm done posting about this. I'm so sorry to all of you that have read this and want to throw up b/c you're over my wedding planning rants. All I can say is get used to it and if you don't like it just move along. I have no room for any other drama in my life right now. I'm going to go cry into my mouse pad now...

9 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    thanks Steph! You know how to make a girl feel better! I even have a smile on my face right now! Maybe you and I should just go to Vegas and get married. Hmm...or better yet, let's just go to Vegas and make out!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger ago-go said…

    don't cry babe, you'll get through it. and a wedding planning tip, say that you're planning a 'party', not a 'wedding', most places (halls, florists, etc.) will charge you less. it's bullshit, but it's often true.

    and can you use a 3rd in your Vegas corner?

     
  • At 7:51 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    umm are you kidding me? 3's company! That would take the planning so far out of my mind! God I wish you ladies lived closer to me...or Vegas ;O) The three of us could tear that town up!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, January 10, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Freak about the wedding ALL you want. We'll listen and console.

    As for annoying men in bars, the last bar I went to had the most annoying man in it. Rosco the Mexican dishwasher that thought he was suave enough to interest me. I ended up having to play married and almost lay a smacker on my best friend to convince him I wasn't interested.

     
  • At 1:54 AM, January 10, 2006, Blogger BTExpress said…

    I know how it feels to loose as a NY fan since 1963; Mets, Knicks & Rangers. Oh, how I know what it feels like to loose having root for those teams all those years.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, January 10, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Andi - you crack me up but I empathize. I just with people like that would get the hint!!

    BT - I'm sorry about your other teams...the Giants not so much ;O)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, January 10, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    oh, it wouldn;t be a trip without little miss Andi!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, January 10, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I feel stressed for you. Have you thought about getting a planner? I guess they are probably expensive, but it might take some stress off you.

    It'll work out no matter what you choose to do. And don't let those people boss you around. YOU"RE THE BRIDE!! hee hee.

     
  • At 1:52 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger missc said…

    LMAO.. I have heard all about the Sunday wedding.. I have only been dating my bf a year but his hardcore religious mother who wants him married an out of the house is always saying.. you guys can get married on a Sunday its cheaper..

    I'm sure I am getting married on a Sunday!

    your blog is great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home