The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

PAINTING




This is one of the last big purchases that I made in New Orleans. Granted I bought it years ago but it still makes me smile every time I walk into my living room and see that little piece of such a great city! I can't wait until it's back up and running so I can visit again.

My good friend who lives in New Orleans and has been in Alabama since the Hurricane and floods is coming back to the D.C. area this weekend. I guess if she can't go back to New Orleans she might at well come here where her family and friends can get her significantly shit faced on a regular basis. She will also be coming to Austin with us next week for the ACL. I can't wait. She is a crazy chick too and we are gonna get nuts!!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    Two or three weeks ago, I pulled out my Cafe Du Monde coffee mug. I bought it in 97 when I was there, and never used it. For some reason I felt the need to use it. Now I'm scared I'm going to break it. It's a little bit of heaven.

    I'm happy your friend has you to hang out with.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, September 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was flying by New Orleans yesterday and the day before and I am posting some pictures on my photo blog, unfortunately they are not great as it was very hazy and we were forty miles away, we did have a few evacuee's on board the aircraft and they flight was very meaningful to them.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, September 14, 2005, Blogger aughra said…

    Cool painting.

    I went through all my stuff from my visit there seven years ago. Feeling nostalgic.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, September 14, 2005, Blogger KFarmer said…

    Ohhh I love that picture! I can see why you care for it so much too. Hopefully in a bit NO will be back to its semi-regular self and we can all go back to visit and/or live there.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, September 14, 2005, Blogger (S)wine said…

    Hey, bee, check out my wife's site for some cool n'awleans paintings. You can link on it from my site (Madame Robotnika's Blog)

     
  • At 10:37 AM, September 14, 2005, Blogger BlazngScarlet said…

    Sadly, I hadn't made it to Nawlins'.
    I was always planning to; wanted to 'do' Mardi Gras at least ONCE before I die.
    Now I may never get to.

    I know in time the City will re-build, but looking at the devestation NOW just brings tears to my eyes.

    Enjoy the painting ..... it's a beut!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad your friend is safe and sound.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger LE Sweetz said…

    cool painting. hope you have a great time w/ your friend.

    re: your post below...my boobs got a tiny bit smaller when i started losing weight. not too much, but my bra fits better.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Calvin said…

    have an awesome time out there! :-)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Chick said…

    Nice painting...the colors would make me smile too...& give me hope.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home