The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Sunday, July 31, 2005

I have never been camping. Is that weird? And the older I get I have no desire to ever do it. My parents never took us when we were young. Our trips consisted of going to the beach or somewhere with a hotel for us to stay in - God bless them. Everyone I know that goes camping loves it and always says "you have to come with us next time" but honestly it doesn't sound like fun to me. I mean, if I want to drink my face off, listen to the grateful dead and smoke pot all night I can do that at home...with air conditioning...running water...a toilet...and a bed! I know, it's not the same. Where's the campfire? the Roasted marshmallows? Who cares, I'd rather make breakfast in the morning in my kitchen, or go to the diner for some grub.

We had some friends that hiked the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine and when they got to our area a bunch of us me them at the camp site that they were crashing at to hang out, party, etc. I even considered staying the night until we got there and it was pouring down rain. It was all muddy and infested with mosquitos. We ended up going home and let me tell you...my warm, dry bed felt goood that night.

I'm pretty lame huh? Am I the only non-camper out there?

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, August 01, 2005, Blogger Chick said…

    I think you should try it...I'm good for about 3 days...then I need my bed.

    But for the 3 days I'm camping...it's liberating to wear nothing but T-shirts & jeans & not care what you look like of how dirty you get.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, August 01, 2005, Blogger HS said…

    lol...well, if I ever decide to go camping in your area of the woods with my rowdy friends...I'll drag you along for sure! :)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, August 02, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    I do like camping, but hello, camping in texas? Its like 100 degrees n the shade! Who wants to do that??

     
  • At 10:23 PM, November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed you blog about depression treatment. I also have a site about depression treatment which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home