The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Today was our Lucy's 5th Birthday. My, where does the time go? My baby's growing up! I feel like it was just yesterday that we travelled all the way to Southern Maryland to pick this little bitch out of the litter. Well, she picked us really. From the moment we met her and all her siblings she was the one that attached herself to us. She made it pretty clear that she was coming home with us. If I could have, I would have taken them all home...if they all would have stayed the size they were when they were 8 weeks old that is!

IMG_2372.JPG

hi mama

She stole our heart from the minute we met her. I love her through all the great shoes she ate of mine, through all the stuffed toys she destroyed and made a huge mess in my house with, the string of lights she ate, the accidents when she was learning to be house trained, the puke on the rug she welcomed me home with when I was about 3 months pregnant and ready to lose my own cookies and everything in between. She is the best friend we all need. She is the best listener and she asks for nothing in return. She's welcomed our first baby into the family. She's comforted me through a miscarriage. She's welcomed baby number two to the gang. She protects us and loves us unconditionally.

IMG_3703

IMG_0362

In return she gets a healthy walk every day. She has the run of the house. She has a bed in almost every room. She can jump on all of our furniture. She has a backyard to run, play and poop in. She is part of our family and we love her more every day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!!!

IMG_1159

IMG_1161

3 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, June 17, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww... belated Happy Birthday, Lucy!

    Also, Happy Birthday today to my Indigo and Chyna (15) and to Pippin (2). :D

     
  • At 9:56 PM, June 20, 2012, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Wow! 15 and 2...both rather amazing ages. I hope they're both healthy and happy!!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, June 25, 2012, Blogger Sassy said…

    Happy Birthday Lucy! I can't believe she's already 5. Her sweet face made me think of our Cooper. We miss him so much!! But then the pictures of all the things Lucy destroyed made me think we can wait a little longer before doing it all over again....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home