The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, November 01, 2010

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year around here. I love that everywhere you drive right now the leaves are turning a brilliant rainbow of fall colors. I mean, the reds and yellows, oranges and greens are so beautiful right now. One of my neighbors has a tree that is literally changing every color right now, it's so pretty!

<span class=<span class=<span class=


What I hate are the local political ads that are airing right now! Ugghh I think I've said this before but really, these ad's are so pathetic. I will admit that I'm not completely up on my local political candidates and their platforms. I know a little about a little but I am a bad local citizen, I know. With that said, do these candidates think that bad mouthing and trash talking the other candidates will make people vote for them, or not vote for their opponents? It's almost comical but really, it's just sad. They call each other crooks, call each other out on so many shady dealings they've been involved with and then say, "vote for me!" or "I approve this ad". Seriously? They are all a bunch of crooks!


And here's the kicker, and the one that really threw me over the edge...there is a "woman" in DC that I am ashamed to say is currently running a 30 second ad that shows an image of (Parental advisory - the next sentence is not suitable for children) a bloodied late-term fetus, followed by a picture of two more fetuses, blackened and scarred by a saline abortion. Another ad begins with the stuff of "miracle of life" public-TV documentaries - before resolving into a photo of President Obama followed by a pair of dismembered fetal limbs, set next to a dime to highlight their proportions. This is where I draw the line! I don't care what your political, religious, spiritual, whatever, views are, this is completely unacceptable, uncalled for and horrific! And apparently this poor excuse for a human being agrees! She herself says that these ad's are "vile", yet she thinks they're effective and so will continue to use them. At first I was angry at the networks that would even allow this type of crap to air, but guess what? There is a very convenient loop hole! Apparently federal law states that holders of broadcast licenses are required to air federal candidates' advertisements unedited in whatever time slots they can afford. And this whack job found this out and according to her, is the only one that ran with it.


I hope this woman, and all these other politicians that claim to have our best interests at heart, rot in hell, all together, in one, miserable, political party. I will be voting tomorrow. I will be voting because it's my right. I'll be voting because a lot of women gave their lives to make sure that in 2010 I could vote with no question. I'll be voting because, tragically, someone will vote for that woman and people like her, and I'll be voting because I don't want whack a do's like that nut job representing me, EVER! Happy Election Day all. It's sad that a day that should make me feel patriotic really just makes me kind of sick...


3 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, November 03, 2010, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I so agree! Instead of telling me what horrific things the other candidate did tell me what great things you have done! We're always choosing the lesser of two evils anyway. UGH. Your ad sounds awful. They shouldn't be allowed to show that on tv.

    Love your pictures. I can't believe how big your boy is getting!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, November 03, 2010, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    That as sounds totally disgusting. Did she win?

    I cannot believe how big your boy has gotten!!! What a doll.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, November 08, 2010, Blogger Sassy said…

    He's a little boy!!!

    I love this time of year with the colours and "sweater" weather...but I can totally do without the snow and freezing weather that is coming. Ugh.

    That political add is simply wrong. I hope she didn't win...anyone who spends taxpayers dollars (or any money for that matter!) on ads that bad mouth other candidates shouldn't win.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home