The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Well, it's been a long time. Life has been up and down around here. I started working a contract job, which has been great and keeping me very busy, but also allowing me to be home and stay connected with my little man. It's also nice to be making some money. That part can never hurt!

We're in what I like to call a stand off with the bank for our construction loan. Our builder was ready to start our project months ago...just waiting on the bank. I am so frustrated I can't even see straight. We have also been paying for a rental house that we don't live in yet for the last 3 months and that feels GREAT!

My boy is growing like a weed. He is so smart and adorable...of course, right? And he is just the apple of my eye. And...now for the bad news. So, we were very excited to be adding to our family. Our little boy was going to be a big brother and then, just when we thought we were about over the hump, I was three months pregnant, and I lost the baby. I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that I am no longer pregnant. It's a very odd thing. We are sad and I'll be honest, this sucks. But, I know this happens to many women, all the time. It's crazy how common this type of thing is, and you just don't realize it until you're going through it yourself. I am very lucky to have lots of support from my wonderful husband, friends and family. And just looking at my little boy reminds me every day how absolutely blessed I am already. Things will be okay and hopefully in the future we can add to our family again. Only time will tell.

Now, I'm going to hug my boy, my husband and my pooch and try to catch up on any of you that are still out there!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, October 23, 2010, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I am soo sorry for your loss. It is such a terrible feeling when that happens. Even though they are not actually in your arms you are already planning for them, loving them, and thinking of them. I've lost two. I had no idea how many women I knew that had lost children until I lost my own. Thank heavens you have a good support system. Love to you!

     
  • At 10:03 PM, October 23, 2010, Blogger Andi said…

    So sorry to see this, hon. Big, big, big squishy hugs for you. And I'm thankful you have your little cutie to snuggle. I wish you the best with everything: house issues and all!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, October 24, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tis true, my love, some women go through it repeatedly (*cough* me being one of them) ... but you have your gorgeous boy and it'll only be a matter of time before the brood grows!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, October 25, 2010, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    thanks for your kinds words ladies. I know I am not alone and it often takes a situation like this to remind you how lucky you are. It's amazing how many women have suffered this same fate and how truly common it is. I don't think some people realize just how many things really have to go exactly, perfectly right for a healthy baby to develop. I guess that's why when you have one it's a miracle! Thanks again ladies. Hope you're all well!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, November 03, 2010, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Oh wow- I am so sorry that I haven't been here to read this sooner. I am very very sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine how you feel. ((hugs))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home