The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, May 06, 2010

So, a "progress report" on being home for a couple of weeks now...

Well, it's wonderful! It also helps that the weather is getting so nice and that makes it easier to get out and do things. Although this picture doesn't really do it justice, it's really nice to be driving down the road against traffic in the morning screaming, "haha suckers!"

traffic

Okay, I don't really do that, but I do get a very warm, fuzzy feeling looking at all these cars in grid lock, waiting to get to the office when we're on our way to Grandma's to hang out and do fun things!

Now, with that said, it's also extremely hard! It's hard to be with an infant going on toddler all day long. I know this sounds really lame and ridiculous, but I get less done now that I'm home than I did when I worked. Everything is done on the baby's schedule, whether I like it or not. Believe me, this kid is a joy and I love spending my time with him, but as any mother can attest, it is difficult! Trying to keep the house clean alone is a monumental pain in the arse. You have to learn to do some things that you would never have dreamed of with a kid in your hands and other times you have to learn to just let the sucker cry for a few minutes while you do what you need to do, but that's a whole other topic...

We're going to Florida on Monday with Grandma and Grandpa. Our first attempt to take advantage of Mommy being off work! And we're really looking forward to it. I think this is going to be the best summer ever!

Now, on the travel note...I have been thinking about a Kindle. I am personally really against them. I don't know what it is, I just love the feel, smell, turning pages, of a real book. I love to sit down with a real, life book and just dive in. BUT, we're getting ready to go on a trip and I am thinking of all the books I'd like to take. Obviously that's just not ideal. I can't justify bringing all the books that I "might" want to read when I need to actually bring clothes and things for a baby...Oh well. Maybe when I hit the lottery I can buy a Kindle just for travel purposes. I guess I should start playing the lottery...

Hope all the Mom's have a fabulous Mother's Day!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, May 06, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you are receiving unemployment cuz there's only one thing worse than staying home -- not having ANY money!

     
  • At 10:29 PM, May 06, 2010, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I hope YOU have a lovely mothers day!

     
  • At 10:24 PM, May 09, 2010, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    We got my mom a Kindle for Mother's Day- she usually packs 8-10 books for every vacation she goes on. I say get one, you will love it!

    Happy Mother's Day!

     
  • At 9:30 PM, May 14, 2010, Blogger Sassy said…

    My MIL loves her Kindle. She too loves books, but when travelling or just heading out somewhere it's much easier then grabbing a book and stuffing it in her purse.

    Hope you had a fabulous mother's day!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, May 21, 2010, Blogger Sassy said…

    How about another "progress report" eh?!
    Hope you are enjoying your days!!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, May 25, 2010, Blogger gusgreeper said…

    that is why i have an ebook basically for travel only it is took much weight to take so many books. hope you are well. :) <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home