The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

So, I've discovered that sleeping in your bathrobe is not all it's cracked up to be. Last night I showered up and got into my big, soft, fluffy bathrobe. It felt so good and yummy, like my own personal, moving sleeping bag. So, I decided, why get dressed? I'll just sleep in my little cocoon and I'll be warm and comfy. When I woke up sweating my ass off in the middle of the night I felt like a miserable, desperate housewife who can't get out of her robe on a daily basis. So, I just got rid of it and slept nude. UNTIL I woke up again freezing because I had pretty much not a lick of coverage on my body. So then I partially covered myself with the robe and the other with the down comforter. This is why I've decided that sleeping in your bathrobe, while it seems like a great idea, really it's not.

I'm feeling a lot better today in terms of 'planning'. I mean, I know things are gonna work out. I know that we're gonna find a place to have our wedding and it's gonna be perfect and lovely and all that good stuff. Who cares if we are "behind schedule" in the eyes of the wedding planning community? I could give two fucks. I refuse to let this all stress me out. We are going to have fun with this whole thing. And rule number one for any of you that are planning to marry one day or planning to plan a wedding (god help you)- don't tell anyone but your spouse to be, or maybe a very trusted friend or family member, your ideas. The feedback from others is just not worth the headache. It's funny how every idea or plan that you've made becomes stupid, or morphed into someone else's ideas of what's "appropriate" or "right" for a wedding. If I want to wear a black dress and beat on a cow bell coming down the aisle then guess what? That's what I'm gonna do! If I want my bridesmaids to wear seafoam green dresses made out of pleather then they better shut their pie holes and wear what I say they wear. Basically, if it's what you want in your wedding, just do it, don't share the planning with anyone. It just gives you heartburn!
Have a great day everyone! Off to look at more locations today. Wish me luck!

P.S. - my boss just asked me if I could bring him a 40 oz. Wow, I could use one myself! At least we're all on the same page here...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Have fun checking out places. I found out the other day that my grandmother wore light blue at her wedding. I like that idea.

    You can tell us all about the cowbell and we won't say a word. :)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Laura said…

    Gee... I thought MY boss was the only one who asked me to supply 40 oz-ers. You go, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home